No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Windows Live Hotmail and Office 365

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

We transferred from OLSB to O365 and (after much angst) I'm able to view mail of my two O365 email addresses in Outlook 2007.  

My primary email is an MSN.COM address and I use Outlook Conector to get my all my email (including my domain emails) to go to Outlook 2007.  (I set up the two O365 Domain emails addresses as IMAP in Outlook 2007 -- I didn't want to use Exchange because you can only connect one domain email to Outlook w/Exchange.  Besides - these are just simple email accts from my website and I don't need any of the other functions of O365).  

My husband and I prefer to use Window Live Hotmail.  We share calenders and have everything sinked up to our smartphones. I had all of my domain email addresses 'LINKED' to my Windows Live Hotmail acct so that I had everything that I needed at hand. 

Problem is that since changing over to O365 - I am not getting any of my new emails in my Windows live acct.  I can see all of the old emails and folders, but they all end at the day I switched over to O365. 

I do see the emails in Outlook - but that is local and I can't view when I am on other computers, etc.

I have read all of the tutorials and have searched thru the discussion groups.  Nothing seems to work - or address this issue.    Any Help??? Please!!

All Replies
  • Hi Barbara,

Before moving on, I would like to clarify that if you change from OLSB to Office 365, your old OLSB account would not be able to work. You could only send and receive messages from your Office 365 account.

For this situation, you may need to have all your domain email addresses 'LINKED' to your Office 365 account and then set up this account in Outlook desktop and your mobile devices to have everything at hand.

Here are the links for your reference:

Connect Outlook to This Account

help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.useoutlookanywhere.aspx

Mobile Phone Setup Reference

help.outlook.com/.../cc825479.aspx

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• I totally understand that the old OLSB acct no longer works - and that is probably the reason why the new O365 acct- w/ the same email address- is only showing messages since the cutover.  

I have been to the sites you mentioned sites already -- no help.

I don't want to LINK to the Office 365 email accts because they are just small (secondary) email accts linked to my website.  

My husband and I use our MSN.COM as our primary email.  

That's why we would like to continue to use Windows Live Hotmail, w/ the shared calenders, etc.

I just need to know how to get the O365 emails to show up in  Windows Live Hotmail.    

• Hi Barbara,

Thanks for the clarification about your requirement.

If you would like to receive messages that sent to your Office 365 account in your Windows Live Hotmail, you could set an Inbox Rule to achieve this.

Here are the steps for your reference:

1. Log in to Office 365 and click Outlook from the top header.

2. Click Options from the up right corner and click See All Options.

3. Under Mail > Options: Manage Myself, click Organize E-Mail and click Inbox Rules.

4. Click New to create a new inbox rule.

When the message arrived and: It was sent to <select people>, Do the following: Forward the message to < your Hotmail account>.

5. Click Save.

After doing this, all the messages sent to your Office 365 account would be forwarded to your  Windows Live Hotmail account.

For more information about Inbox Rule, please refer to the link below:

http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/bb899620.aspx

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Hi Barbara,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• There is no nswer.  I 'll have to forward my emials

• I know that you are trying to be helpful and I aprrecitate your efforts.  Unfortunalely, the answer is that it CANT BE DONE.  

I;m not looking for a cloud platform to run my Business from. I just wanted a web site host with a few email addressses.  SO SIMPLE THAT MS COULDN'T STAND TO LET US CONTINUE W/ OLSB!!

I would've paid to keep the OLSB services.  At least it was what I/WE wanted, it was easy to use and it worked.

I'll now have to get another Web site host - w/ developer tools that I can use.  Just wish that I could recrete the format//style etc that I've already taken so long to buld to OLSB and re-create in O365.  

Any suggstions for different, easy-to-use web site hosts would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Hi Barbara D,

As far as I know, the OLSB service is not available any more, and Microsoft seems do not provide free website service any longer.

Moreover, I am also used to be an OLSB user, but I am in the six months free trial and I think it can suit our business requirement. Now, in my opinion, you may try Office 365 free trial at this time to see if Office 365 will work for you.

Thanks

• Hi Barbara,

If you are looking for developer tools to use, Microsoft does provide custom solution and development support, however there may be a consulting fee associated. Therefore, I have included some links for you that may be helpful, including the features available to developers for Office 365.  Perhaps some of the other users on this community will have experience useful to your issue. You may also want to post your question to the MSDN forums for a better response for custom solutions.

Here are links for your reference:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../gg454740.aspxmsdn.microsoft.com/.../gg454742.aspx blogs.msdn.com/.../data-source-issues-and-workarounds.aspx

msdn.microsoft.com/.../hh147180.aspx

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Hi Barbara,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo