No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Shared calendar keep disappearing

• 4 Followers
  • 7 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Hi guys,

I am having an issue currently. One of the user has a few shared calendar.

On somedays the shared calendar would disappear whenever she click on calendar on the left side bar.

The resolution was to got to File -->Options--> Add-ins --> Select disabled item ---> click Go ---> highlight "Addin: mssphtb.dll" --> Click enable ---> Restart outlook.

However nowadays it seems to occur more often.

Any one has any other resolution.

With regards to my resolution above, it was just a try of luck and it work

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Burnhamadmin,

Thanks for your post here. Based on your description, I understand that the shared calendars are missing from navigation pane of Outlook. If I have misunderstood anything , please feel free to let me know.

You can try the following steps to open a shared calendar:

1.Open Outlook client

2.Click calendar in the navigation pane

3.Click Open Calendar on the ribbon, select Open Shared calendar

4.Click Name in the prompted window and select a user name whose calendar you want to share, click OK

5.Click OK and check the result

Additionally, please create a new profile to see if this issue persists or not.

Please refer to the steps below to create a new profile:

1.Open start -> control Panel.

2.Click view by Large icons.

3.Click Mail.

4.Click to Show Profiles.

5.Click Add button and type the new profile name, click OK.

6. Select Prompt for a profile to be used

7.Click OK.

Please refer to the links below to add account in Outlook client:

Set Up E-Mail in Outlook 2010:

help.outlook.com/.../dd253202.aspx

Set Up E-Mail in Outlook 2007:

help.outlook.com/.../Cc511396.aspx

Thanks,
    Linda Wang

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Linda,

Thanks for replying but I dnt think that is the answer.

Normally when the user click on calendar on the navpane, it will bring her to the calendar page and she can see a few of those other shared calendar.

However occasionally when she click calendar, all the shared calendar can't be seen even after restarting outlook.

The only way to view the shared calendar again is File -->Options--> Add-ins --> Select disabled item ---> click Go ---> highlight "Addin: mssphtb.dll" --> Click enable ---> Restart outlook.

The shared calendar will then reappear after restart

• Not Ranked
  • Hello,

Can you re-add the shared calendar in Outlook and see if any update? In addition, you can also check the OWA and see if the shard calendar information disappear.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Burnhamadmin,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Linda Wang

• Top 75 Contributor
  • I am having the same issue with several of our clients. Is there any long-term solution for the problem?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Tjknab,

In order to avoid confusion and find out the root cause effectively, I suggest you post a new thread about the detailed information about the issue you encountered. This is so we could focus on your questions and provide more specific solutions for you.

Thanks,
    Linda Wang

• Top 75 Contributor
  • Hi tkjnab,

For the moment i just have to repeat the steps that i have done as even after re-adding it will just seem to work fine for a few days before it happen again.

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)