No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Exchange ActiveSync and Android

• 1 Follower
  • 5 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

The phone being used is a Galaxy S3, though I don't think that it matters much.

If I simply use the login and password that I use to get into Microsoft online services, and enter it when prompted to add an email account on Android, everything loads up and syncs great.

However, the login is myname@myfirm.ONMICROSOFT.com.  Once everything sets up on my phone, that whole address shows up as the "from address" if I send mail.  I'd like for it to just be me@myfirm.com, none of the 'onmicrosoft' part included.

• Post Points: 35
All Replies
  • Hello BTH14,

I understand that you have questions about using Exchange ActiveSync service on your Android device. Before moving on, I would like to confirm some detailed information first.
    1. Have you added me@myfirm.com as an email account at the Android device?
    2. Do you want to when using the Office 365 account (myname@myfirm.onmicrosoft.com) to send an email; the default from address is me@myfirm.com?
    3. Is there any relationship between me@myfirm.com and myname@myfirm.onmicrosoft.com, such as Connected Account?
    4. What Office 365 plan are you using, such as Office 365 for Small Business (Plan P1)?
    5. Could you please provide detailed information about the current situation and requirement, such as a detailed example?

Based on the current situation, you may refer to the following points for reference.
    1. If you need to send emails as “me@myfirm.com”at Android device, the email account “me@myfirm.com” should be added to the Android device.
    2. If you want to let me@myfirm.com as the default email address when composing a new email, you can set the email account me@myfirm.com as the default email account at the Android device.

Thanks,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hello BTH14,

I'm writing to follow up my previous reply. 
    If you need further assistance on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
  • 1. me@myfirm.com is only set up at this point using POP settings, so I'd have to use another option to sync outlook calendar/contacts/etc.

2. Yes, when sending from @myfirm.onmicrosoft.com, I would like the 'from' address to be @myfirm.com, along with the 'reply-to' address.

3. Not sure what this is asking. We have POP settings for our 'base' account, and recently started using Office Online for sharing abilities between users.

4. The subscription we have just says "Exchange Online(Plan 1)".

Do I need to just have the POP settings inputted as 1 e-mail on my phone, and then also have the Exchange account set up as well?

• Not Ranked
  • Hello BTH14

I understand that you want to use the email address “me@myfirm.com” as the sender address and reply-to email address when sending email via the Office 365 account at the Android device?

If so, as far as I know, it cannot be achieved directly at Android device currently. It isn’t available to use other email address to send email when sending emails at other mailbox at Android devices currently.
    However, if you have a mailbox with the email address “me@myfirm.com” at Office 365, you can use “me@myfirm.com” as the sender address and use Office 365 mailbox to sync contacts, calendar and so on.

Thanks,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi BTH14,

If you have any other questions or concerns for the issue, please do not hesitate to contact us. 
    It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)