No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

ERRO "The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist."

• 3 Followers
  • 9 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)
I'm seeing the same error as many others on the forum. When I try to create a connected account I see the erro "The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist."

--

Thanks,

Alexandre La Rocca Laguna

• Post Points: 50
All Replies
  • Hi Alexandre,

I understand that when you try to add a connected account to your Exchange account, you would get the error message as “The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist”.

Please try to create other email account as connected account and see if the issue would persist.

If you have any error messages, please provide it here for us to further research.

Based on my experience, it’s just a temporary issue currently.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Anna,

The issue would persist!

The error messages is "The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist."

Thanks,

Alexandre La Rocca Laguna

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Alexandre,

I understand that when adding an email account as connected account to your exchange account, you met the error message that “The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist”. The issue keeps occurring.

Please try to set other email account as connected account and have a test. If you have any other error messages, please provide it here for us for further research.

Meanwhile, you can also check if there is any information about Exchange Online service in the Service Health.

For your reference, I have included the steps to log on Service Health as below.

1. Log on the Office 365 Admin Home Page portal.microsoftonline.com with your user name and password.

2. Click Admin tab, then click Service Health.

3. Expand Exchange Online under Service Health. If there is any updated information, it will be posted for your reference.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • The same problem here, the email stopped working day 07/05/2012. All my services are OK(service health), I tried to delete and recreate the account settings and email account, started giving the following error "The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist".

Please describe the correction procedure.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Waldisley2,

Thansk for your posting here.

If you have tried the above steps and still could not make it work, I would suggest you post a new thread about the detailed information of the issue you encountered and the steps you have done to resolve it, this is so we could focus on your questions and provide more specific solutions for you.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Anna Guo,

My problem started the same way that the problem of friend

Waldisley2 ... My accounts connected sync stopped and then turned out that these accounts could no longer recreate them.

I keep getting the same error message when I try to create an account connected: "The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist."

Thank you,

Alexandre Rocca La Laguna

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Alexandre La Rocca Laguna and Anna Guo, this problem we are facing is very serious.

Let me explain what I did until now ... (still not resolved)

All my services are OK(service health).

1 I tried to reconfigure the account connected (gave error)

2 ° I deleted the account connected, I tried to re-create and save (the error)

3 ° I spent my account data to support nomedominio.onmicrosoft.com

4 ° I had to install Powershell and put the following command in powershell Get-MailboxStatistics username@domainname.onmicrosoft.com | FL database, servername> c: \ statistic.txt

5 Send the file. Txt to support and wait for the support ... (now I'm waiting for contact)

All accounts of my company are having the same problem on microsoft!

This error does not exist in gmail, I set my email up there and worked perfectly.

I look for a solution, Anna Guo

Your attention is very welcome

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Alexandre La Rocca Laguna,

If this happen on all external accounts, I suggest you to remove all connected accounts and then try to connect again. If unsuccessful, log into (OWA) at https://mail.office365.com), click on the question mark in the upper right corner and choose about options. From the new window that appears, verify the Host address shown. Make sure it is the correct host address that you are using.

Best regards,

Roger MSFT Support

• Top 500 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • Hello Alexandre La Rocca Laguna,

How are things going? Was our previous response helpful in resolving your issue.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Samuel A Girod MSFT
    • Top 150 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)