No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Cannot send mail from OWA after linking account in Gmail

• 3 Followers
  • 3 Replies |
  • This post has 2 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Hi!

I linked my email to a gmail account as an external, non-alias account.

After typing in the confirmation code they sent to my outlook address, I am no longer able to send mail from neither OWA nor Outlook ("You don't have the permissions required to send messages from this mailbox." error message), but I CAN send as from the linked gmail account...

Is there any way I can restore the ability to send mail from other clients?

It is rather annoying never being able to reply to mail directly...

Cheers,

Henry

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Henry,

To troubleshoot the issue, I would like to confirm some detailed information.
    1. Have you connected the Office 365 account to Gmail and the error message was prompted by Gmail?
    2. Does “but I CAN send as from the linked gmail account” mean you can send the email as the connected Gmail account email address?
    3. Could you please provide a screenshot for further investigation?
    For tips, please click Use rich formatting > Insert image to upload the screen shots in the post manually.

Besides, please provide a detailed description of your requirements, such as a detailed example. It will be helpful to solve the problem.

Thanks,
    Larry He

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • 1) The error was prompted when I tried sending mail from OWA, in a small dropdown warning box at the top of the message composition window. Today it's gone though...

As for the local client, PEBKAC...

I could swear it used to be working, but turns out I had the wrong encryption setting chosen for the outgoing SMTP-connection...

So I guess the coinciding of problems starting related to linking the account from gmail was purely psychological.

Thanks for making me look twice! :)

Cheers,

Henry

• Not Ranked
All Replies
  • Hi Henry,

You have connected your Office 365 account to Gmail,the error message was prompted by Gmail?
    You can send email from Gmail but can't send  from Office 365?

PLS disconnect the Office 365 account to Gmail.
    You can setup Connected account in Office 365.
    Alternative:you can setup your gmail and Office 365 account in Outlook

Moreover, you can contact google for help.

Modyka
    • Not Ranked
  • Hi Henry,

To troubleshoot the issue, I would like to confirm some detailed information.
    1. Have you connected the Office 365 account to Gmail and the error message was prompted by Gmail?
    2. Does “but I CAN send as from the linked gmail account” mean you can send the email as the connected Gmail account email address?
    3. Could you please provide a screenshot for further investigation?
    For tips, please click Use rich formatting > Insert image to upload the screen shots in the post manually.

Besides, please provide a detailed description of your requirements, such as a detailed example. It will be helpful to solve the problem.

Thanks,
    Larry He

• Top 150 Contributor
  • 1) The error was prompted when I tried sending mail from OWA, in a small dropdown warning box at the top of the message composition window. Today it's gone though...

As for the local client, PEBKAC...

I could swear it used to be working, but turns out I had the wrong encryption setting chosen for the outgoing SMTP-connection...

So I guess the coinciding of problems starting related to linking the account from gmail was purely psychological.

Thanks for making me look twice! :)

Cheers,

Henry

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)