No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Outlook for Mac 2011 won't set up acct?

• This post has 19 Replies |
  • 7 Followers
  • I tried to set up my Office 365 account in Outlook for Mac 2011, but am having no luck.  I followed the instructions at http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/hh180727.aspx, but Outlook responded with "Account cannot be added.  Note that Outlook 2011 requires Exchange Server 2007 SP1 Update Rollup 4 or later."   To my knowledge, I have all updates...is this something that I would download outside of the normal Office updates I have auto-downloaded daily?  

I tried manually typing in the server address:   https://ch1prd0602.outlook.com/ews/exchange.asmx , but unsurprisingly cannot connect.

I am stuck.

Julia

• Hello Julia,

Try following the steps at support.microsoft.com/.../2459968.  Once you follow these steps, you should be able to connect.

Thank you, Jeff McDonald, O365 Forum Moderator

Thank you, Jeff McDonald, O365 Forum Moderator
  • Hi Julia,

You can also have a look at the video about Troubleshooting Outlook for Mac 2011 Connection to Office 365:

www.microsoft.com/.../734c6b66-8e5f-4db5-8bc7-e2b40957e00c

Thanks,

Anna Guo

• Any update on this? I'm having a similar issue... but most of the time outlook tells me my credentials are wrong...

• Sadly, neither website offered addresses the problem.  I am now fumbling around, trying to find somebody who can help me figure out how to determine what, if any, Exchange Rollup is appropriate for my Macbook Pro, and how to install it.

• I'm experiencing the same issue as the original poster.

• Today, I received an email from Office 365 telling me my trial is over and offering me the opportunity to subscribe.  They also said: "Give us your feedback!  Participate in the Office 365 Community to get your questions answered, tell us your story or read what others have to say."  

My feedback is the following: My issue has yet to be addressed directly in any way but to direct me to the general help pages, which also do not address the problem that I stated in my original post.  (FYI:  If those who have sent me to those help pages had actually read my question and the pages that they sent me to, they would not have bothered to send me to those pages. If the Office 365 can address my issue and allow me to use the promised functionality of the service, I would happily subscribe.  Sadly, as of now I am disappointed in the ability of the help staff to read my question so as to offer relevant assistance.

• If you are attempting to connect and you are seeing the error below it is likely that your password is either expried or you are mistyping it.  There is a bug where this error appears when you should be seeing a password error.  First try logging into the Microsoft Online Portal to verify your password is correct.  If you have an account with Admin rights on the Microsoft Online Portal, log in with that account and reset the password for the account you are connecting with from Outlook.

"Account cannot be added. Note that Outlook 2011 requires Exchange Server 2007 SP1 Update Rollup 4 or later."

• The same password being used on my Outlook account works when I log in directly on the WebMail app.  I have removed and re-added the account about 5 times trying to get this to work, and it is highly unlikely that I would enter the password in wrong that many times.

• Thanks for the feedback, Gabriel. I'll double check my password.

• I will try resetting my password anyway...who knows-it may work!

• To my honest surprise, I'm in. Thanks again for the tip, Gabriel.

jayoungs - good luck with your issue.

• Ben...that's great!  Gabriel, would you believe that when I log in as admin and try to change my password, it refuses, saying that I cannot change my own password?  I am a superuser, and am the one who created the account...

• Exact response of office 365:   Skipped. You cannot reset your own password.

• Jay, if you were able to log into the Online Portal your password must already be good unless you are using a different account.  Just double check that you are entering your password correctly in Outlook.

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1|2|