No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

"Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue."

• 2 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I am getting a bounceback from one particular domain name.

All other emails work out pretty well, but one of my regular recipients (all emails at that domain name) bounce back to me.

This isn't good. Without showing you who that target user / domain is, here is what I see in the emails.

"

Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept e-mail from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery.

#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Sender ID (PRA) Not Permitted>

CIP:207.46.198.81;KIP:(null);UIP:(null);IPVD:NLI;H:CH1PRD0602HT005.namprd06.prod.outlook.com;RD:none;EFVD:NLI
Received-SPF: pass (mail33-db3: domain of  **MY DOMAIN**  designates 207.46.198.81 as permitted sender) client-ip=207.46.198.81

I could share more from the header if I need to, but don't want to go overboard.

1 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hello Jeremy,

We have a page available on how to manage your domain available here:

onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff637595.aspx

You have two options available.  Partial redelegation and full redelegation.  In partial, you manage your own DNS records.  In full, we manage them for you.  If you're using a Small Business subscription, the only supported option is to use full redelegation, although you can work around that and manage your DNS records yourself.

In short, you'll need to go into your Portal, go to Domains, open the domain that you're trying to use, and you'll find a DNS manager there that will show you the DNS records you need to add or prompt you on how to fully redelegate that domain.  Until you configure your DNS records through one of these two options, you won't be able to receive or send mail with your Office 365 subscription for any email addresses ending in your vanity domain.

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hello Jeremy,

The reason this is occurring is because you have an SPF record configured for your domain that allows only a specific source to send your emails.  You'll need to follow the steps in the Portal to fully redelegate your domain.  Once you do so, our system will automatically create an SPF record for you that will allow you to send from the Office 365 environment.

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Male
    Suggested by
  • Can you explain / show / show me where/ tell me what

"redelegating my domain" is going to do ... precisely?

My concern is that I'm *NOT* using all of Office 365.. and I'm kind of hesitant to "redelage my domain" to a system I have no real control of.

So, the more detail on what this does.. the better. Thanks.

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Jeremy,

We have a page available on how to manage your domain available here:

onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff637595.aspx

You have two options available.  Partial redelegation and full redelegation.  In partial, you manage your own DNS records.  In full, we manage them for you.  If you're using a Small Business subscription, the only supported option is to use full redelegation, although you can work around that and manage your DNS records yourself.

In short, you'll need to go into your Portal, go to Domains, open the domain that you're trying to use, and you'll find a DNS manager there that will show you the DNS records you need to add or prompt you on how to fully redelegate that domain.  Until you configure your DNS records through one of these two options, you won't be able to receive or send mail with your Office 365 subscription for any email addresses ending in your vanity domain.

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Male
  • For future folks.. I did finally decide to migrate my whole domain using the above suggestion. It's working fine now.

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)