Using a gmail account within my Email

• 5 Followers
  • 20 Replies |
  • This post has 2 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Hello,

I would like to use in addition to my customed domain a few gmail accounts.

When I send an email, I would like it to appear as coming from that gmail account and not as "On Behalf Of".

Can it be done?

Thank you,

Tamir

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Tamir,

Thanks for posting here.
    I understand that you would like to add some Gmail accounts to Office 365 account and use those Gmail accounts to send emails without “On Behalf Of” notification.

Based on my experience, it may be achieved by adding those Gmail accounts to Exchange Online as External contacts and then grant SendAs permission for your account. For the detailed steps, please see below:
    1. Install and connect Windows PowerShell to Exchange Online.
    2. Add Gmail accounts to Office 365 as external contacts.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ms.exch.ecp.newcontact.aspx

3. Grant SendAs permission for a specific user.
    Add-RecipientPermission –Identity <external contact> -Trustee <the specific user account> -AccessRights SendAs

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Tamir,

I'd like to confirm that if your issue has been resolved.
    If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply to me.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Grace,

Thank you for your answer.

I did steps 1 and 2. How do I do step 3?

Thanks,

Tamir

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Tamir,

Thanks for your update.
    The step 3 needs to be taken in Windows PowerShell. After you have conneced Windows PowerShell to Exchange Online and added those Gmail accounts to Exchange Online by performing the above steps, run Windows PowerShell as an administrator. Then, run the command:
    Add-RecipientPermission –Identity <external contact> -Trustee <the specific user account> -AccessRights SendAs

Note: In your situation, the Identity parameter represents the Gmail account address. The Trustee parameter represents the user account, which you would like to grant send as permission for the Gmail account.

If there is any error message when you run this command, please feel free to update here. It would be nice if you could post a screen shot of the error message.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Grace,

I've done the above and even got a confirmation. see screenshot.

Yet, When sending an e-mail as tanababa@gmail.com I get the "behalf on"

Thank you for the help,

Tamir

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Tami,

We appreicate your update.

If you have any other questions when using Office 365, please feel free to post in the forum. We are more than happy to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Grace,

The problem is not solved yet.

I still get the same "behlaf on" text.

Do I need to do anything else?

Do I need to repeat what I did?

I repeated the procedure and made a new screen capture.

Thank you,

Tamir

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Tamir,

Thanks for your update.
    From your screenshot, I noticed that the SendAs permission has been granted successfully. Based on the current situation that the behalf of text still exists, please check if you also have connect the Gmail account as connected account to Office 365. If so, firstly remove the Gmail account from the connected account and check if the issue persists.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Grace,

It actually works!

However, once I removed my Gmail account from "Connected Accounts" I cannot any more receive my emails into this outlook 365.

My plan is to be able to manage a few emails accounts (addresses) from this one Outlook 365 with the ability to send and receive from each email address.

Can it be done?

Thank you for your help,

Tamir

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Tamir,

Thanks for your quickly response.

In general, "on behalf of" with the sending messages of connected accounts is by design. See FAQ: Downloading E-Mail from Connected Accounts. So, if you set the Gmail account as connected account in Office 365, messages you send from your Gmail account address in Outlook Web App will show as having been sent on behalf of your Gmail account address.

However, as you want to receive emails from the Gmail account from this Offic 365 account, you may set up forwarding rule in the Gmail account. Then, each email delivered to Gmail account will also be forwarded to Offce 365 account. After you have add it to external account and grant SendAs permission, you will be able to send emails with this Gmail account address.

Thanks,

Grace Shi

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Tamir,

Just check in to see if the information provided is useful for you.

If you need addition assistance, please feel free to post in the forum. We will be more than happy to be of help.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Thank you Grace,

Tamir

• Not Ranked
  • Hello,

I am trying to do the same thing and am receiving the following error message:

Can you please help???

Thank you!!!

JL

• Not Ranked

• Actually, I reviewed again and realized I missed a step. When I tried the winrm command, I got the error message above. 

I first tried this a couple days ago and received this same error message. I looked up the error at this forum: community.office365.com/.../216388.aspx and completed it, but I am still getting the same error.

Please help.

Thank you,

JL

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1|2|