No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

IMAP Migration to the Cloud

This question is answered This question is answered

Hello,

I am testing a migration of 1 user using the IMAP instructions.  The job has been running for about an hour. It has not failed nor succeeded.  How long does it generally take?  This is a very small mailbox.

Am I missing something?

Verified Answer
  • Hi BigBipper,

I understand you’d like to use IMAP migration.

The time cost of the migration process is up to your on-premise server workload, bandwidth and other conditions.
    Do you mean you the status of this migration batch have been running for one hour? You can click the Per-User Details on the right bar to check the status of this user. If the migration finishes, the status will be Synced.

For more information about IMAP migration, you can refer to this link.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ms.exch.ecp.emailmigrationwizardimaplearnmore.aspx

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi BigBipper,

I understand you’d like to use IMAP migration.

The time cost of the migration process is up to your on-premise server workload, bandwidth and other conditions.
    Do you mean you the status of this migration batch have been running for one hour? You can click the Per-User Details on the right bar to check the status of this user. If the migration finishes, the status will be Synced.

For more information about IMAP migration, you can refer to this link.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ms.exch.ecp.emailmigrationwizardimaplearnmore.aspx

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

• Hi BigBipper,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,

Ray Yang