No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

No longer receiving emails after changing Name Server at GoDaddy

• 2 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

My exchange account no longer receives messages after inadvertently changing the name server at GoDaddy. 

I changed the name servers back to  NS1.BDM.MICROSOFTONLINE.COM.   However I still don't receive emails.  

Thanks for you help in advance!

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi jgoodso2,

Before moving on, I would like to confirm with you some detailed information as below:

1. When you mentioned "my exchange account", I would like to confirm whether this exchange account is an Office 365 exchange online mailbox or not?
    2. Did the sender receive any NDRs? If yes, can you post them for our further troubleshooting?
    3. How long had you waited after you changed the name server back to Office 365?

It usually takes about 15 minutes for the change to take effect. But it can take up to 72 hours for the DNS records that you created to be updated across the Internet.

In addition, if it is an Office 365 account and you have already waited for 72 hours, to narrow down this issue, please first check to see if the DNS records for the Office 365 online services were configured correctly by using the Nslookup command-line tool.

You may get the correct DNS records used by Office 365 by following the steps as below:

1. Login Office 365 MOP with an administrator account.
    2. Click Admin, and click Domains under Management.
    3. Check your domain name and click View DNS settings.

If there are any questions, please feel free to post in the forum.

Thanks,
    Jolin Qiao
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Thanks for the quick reply.   Answers below:

1.   This is an Office 365 Exchange account.   It was configured to work with my pre-existing domain name.

2.  Error messages below

Reporting-MTA: dns;bay0-omc2-s2.bay0.hotmail.com

Received-From-MTA: dns;BAY161-DS17

Arrival-Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 03:55:35 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;jgoodson@nclarityinc.com

Action: failed

Reporting-MTA: dns;bay0-omc2-s22.bay0.hotmail.com

Received-From-MTA: dns;BAY161-DS7

Arrival-Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 14:48:06 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;jgoodson@nclarityinc.com

Action: delayed

Will-Retry-Until: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 14:46:30 -0700

3.  Its been about 4 days since I change the Name Servers at GoDaddy to NS1.BDM.MICROSOFTONLINE.COM

I have looked at the DNS records on my Office 365 Admin page and they are very different from the name above,  However, I don't know which of these parameters to use in the GoDaddy settings.  

Thanks Again in Advance!  John

• Not Ranked
  • Hi jgoodso2,

I just checked the DNS settings of your domain "nclarityinc.com", the name server is still point to GoDaddy (ns08.domaincontrol.com and ns07.domaincontrol.com).

To fix your issue, please change the name server to point to Office 365 (ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com). If you are not familir with this,  you can also contact GoDaddy and let them help you change the name server to Office 365.

If you want to add your domain without redirecting your name server to Office 365, please refer below link:

http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/hh416759.aspx

Thanks,
    Jolin Qiao

• Top 75 Contributor
  • Hi jgoodso2,

How are things going? Do you need further assistant?

If there are any questions, please feel free to post in forum.

Thanks,
    Jolin Qiao

• Top 75 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)