No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Email address

• 2 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
New to website and web mail Having transferred from officelive to office 365 - domain is with Melbourne It Is it possible to setup my domain name email address ie. contact@domain.co.uk. In Office365 Any help appreciated
  • Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Xzarrx,

I understand you prefer to use your own domain name as your Exchange Online email address.

Yes, this could be done in Office 365. To do this, we can add our domain at Office 365, then we would be able to change our email address in Office 365 from contact@youdomain.onmicrosoft.com to contact@yourdomain.com.

If your domain was purchased at Office Live Small Business (OLSB), you may need to remove your domain from OLSB so that you can get access to your domain at Melbourne IT. You can refer to Step 5 at Move your email and website to Office 365.

If you have already got access to Melbourne IT account, you can directly start the following steps:

1), Make sure you have redelegated your domain to Melbourne IT.
    If not, please refer to Step 6 at Move your email and website to Office 365.

2), Add your domain at Office 365.
    Go to Office 365 portal, on the Admin Overview page, in the left pane, under Management, click Domains, and then click Add a domain.
    Note: When asked “Do you have a domain.com website?” answer No. You must answer no even though you have a website on OLSB.
    You can also refer to Step 7 at Move your email and website to Office 365, and as another good reference, you can watch this video to transfer your domain.

3), Confirm you are using contact@youdomain.com as your email address.
    Please refer to Edit a user.

After doing so, you would be able to use contact@yourdomain.com email address at Office 365.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Thanks -my domain is  143xpru.co.uk.

It  is registered with Melbourne it and my domain is with office 365

I believe have added the domain already

All want is to be able to send and receive email as:  contact@143xpru.co.uk

Are you able to do this for me

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Xzarrx,

By checking your domain in the DNS system, I can see that your domain is added at Office 365.

Based on this situation, I’d like to know if you have a contact@yourdomian.onmicosoft.com email address?

If so, please edit your user information in Office 365 portal so that you can achieve your target.

Please refer to the following steps:
    1. Login into Office 365 portal.
    2. In the header, click Admin.
    3. On the Admin page, in the left pane, under Management, click Users.
    4. On the Users page, select the check box next to the user that you want to edit, and then click Edit.
    5. Click Details, beside the User name, click the drop-down icon; select your domain name.
    6. Click Save.

If not, you can create a user with contact@143xpru.co.uk email address, so that you can achieve the target.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to respond.

Best Regards,
    Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • Hi Xzarrx,

How are things going on your side? In addition, do you need any further assistance?

Best Regards,

Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)