No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Cant Reply of Forward messages with Outlook for Mac 2011

This question is answered This question is answered

Hello All,

I've just started using Office 365, and now i have a problem.

At the moment i'm moving my mail from the old IMAP account to the Office 365 account.

This takes a lot of time.

The problem is that i can't forward or reply to messages which are in my inbox.

Someone who know's what the problem could be?

Thnx

Q

Verified Answer
  • Hi Quirien,

Before moving on, could you please clarify the current situation in detail?

1. Have you moved your mail from the old IMAP account to Office 365 account completely and successfully?

2. Could you receive incoming messages in OWA?

3. When you mentioned that you cannot forward or reply to messages, will you receive any error when you open a message and click Reply or Forward? Or the buttons are greyed out that you could not click?

4. Could you right click any message and click Reply or Forward to reply or forward the message?

5. Does the issue happen in Outlook Web App(OWA) or Outlook desktop?

Generally, if the issue happens in OWA, you could try to run Internet Explorer with no add-ons and see if it helps.

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (with no add-ons)

You could also try to reset IE to troubleshoot this issue:

support.microsoft.com/.../923737

If this issue happens in Outlook desktop, I would suggest you recreate a new mail profile in Outlook desktop by following the steps in the link below:

How to create and configure an email profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2003

support.microsoft.com/.../829918

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

All Replies
  • Hi Quirien,

Before moving on, could you please clarify the current situation in detail?

1. Have you moved your mail from the old IMAP account to Office 365 account completely and successfully?

2. Could you receive incoming messages in OWA?

3. When you mentioned that you cannot forward or reply to messages, will you receive any error when you open a message and click Reply or Forward? Or the buttons are greyed out that you could not click?

4. Could you right click any message and click Reply or Forward to reply or forward the message?

5. Does the issue happen in Outlook Web App(OWA) or Outlook desktop?

Generally, if the issue happens in OWA, you could try to run Internet Explorer with no add-ons and see if it helps.

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (with no add-ons)

You could also try to reset IE to troubleshoot this issue:

support.microsoft.com/.../923737

If this issue happens in Outlook desktop, I would suggest you recreate a new mail profile in Outlook desktop by following the steps in the link below:

How to create and configure an email profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2003

support.microsoft.com/.../829918

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Hi Quirien,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• I'm sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your help.

The problem was the router. Don't know why but I replaced the router with a new one and everything is working fine!