No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

exporting contacts FROM Office 365 contacts to Windows Live Mail

• This post has 6 Replies |
  • 4 Followers
  • I'm trying to implement Office365 for our office.  I had actually imported contacts from another program but I don't have access to that file anymore.  He wants to us Windows Live Mail.  Is there anyway to export from the contacts listing in his Office 365 Outlook account to get it into a Windows Live Mail account? 

Clay Buell 

• Hello Clay,

What you're asking about is actually a function of Outlook and isn't related to Office 365 itself.  The good news is that yes, you can export the contacts.  Use Outlook's import/export feature to export to a .pst file or a .csv, and it will let you choose Contacts as though it was just another folder in the mailbox.  Once exported, you can then use that file to import it into any other mailbox you can connect to through Outlook by using the import feature.

• Just to follow up on this, contacts can be imported into Windows Live from Outlook with a .csv file.  Just log into Windows Live, click on Options > More Options > Importing Contacts > and choose Outlook.

Hope that helps,
    David Wong
    Office 365 Beta Technical Support

• Hi Alexander,

How about if I access the account via web, is there any way to export my contacts?

Thanks,

JaenorP

• Hi David,

I am accessing Office 365 via web, is there a way to export my contacts?

Thanks,

JaenorP

• JaenorP ,

I do not see anyway in outlook web app to export them, but have you tried to use Office Live Mail to connect, to see if it will bring the contacts over?

Hope this helps

Robert

• Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, you cannot export and import contacts to your mailbox using the Outlook Web App.  You'll need to use a copy of Outlook, the desktop application.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)