No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Outlook notes sync to my iphone

This question is answered This question is answered

Hello,

I have office365 plan P1.
I use Outlook 2010
And I have an Iphone.

I can sync between outlook and the OWA client email, contacts, tasks and notes.
I can sync between my iphone and the owa client email, contacts and tasks, but no notes.

How do I get the notes that I normally maintain in Outlook, to my iphone. just by using sync (not via iphones, because I do not wish to connect with the USB cable).

I have found out, that I can sync via my gmail account. But I would prefer via Office365.

Greetings,

RobB

Verified Answer
  • Hi RobB,

Before moving on, I would like to confirm if you are configuring Exchange ActiveSync to sync email, contacts, and tasks on your mobile device (iPhone). If it is the case, Exchange ActiveSync enables us to synchronize e-mail messages, calendar, contacts, and tasks with iPhone or Exchange ActiveSync compatible device. However, it can’t sync Microsoft Outlook Notes using Exchange ActiveSync. Therefore, we are not able to sync Outlook notes to iPhone in Office 365 Exchange Online.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

All Replies
  • Hi RobB,

Before moving on, I would like to confirm if you are configuring Exchange ActiveSync to sync email, contacts, and tasks on your mobile device (iPhone). If it is the case, Exchange ActiveSync enables us to synchronize e-mail messages, calendar, contacts, and tasks with iPhone or Exchange ActiveSync compatible device. However, it can’t sync Microsoft Outlook Notes using Exchange ActiveSync. Therefore, we are not able to sync Outlook notes to iPhone in Office 365 Exchange Online.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• I have everything enabled on my Iphone. Sync is working.

I am not happy that the Notes do not sync, but that is a technical issue, that cannot be resolved, obviously.

So I have to walk a different path considering notes.

Thanks.

RobB

• Hi RobB,

Thanks for your update.
    I understand the inconvenience caused by this unavailable feature. However, we highly appreciate to submit feedback about your requirement to our product team.
    Many features of current programs were designed and upgraded based on customer feedback. Again, thank you for working closely to improve our products and service.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Great,

Will do that.
    But I encounter an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

• Hi RobB,

Based on my experience, this kind of issue may be caused by the cached temporary browser files or network connection issue. To troubleshoot this issue, would you please clear your browser cookie, temporary Internet files, and reset your browser, to see if any improvement?

In addition, you may change another web browser and submit feedback again, to see if the issue persists.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Hi RobB,

How are things going? Is there any update on the status of the issue?

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Done so and send it in.

Greetings,

RobB