No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

spell check

• 4 Followers
  • 11 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
There is no spell check (ABC) button on my outlook Office 365 email. How can I check spelling on my emails please?

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Post Points: 65
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • There is no spelling tab in the settings. The article is therefore not helpful. How can I get a spell check tab onto my screen?

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Malcolm,

The issue occurs if your OWA settings have been kicked into Accessibility/Lite mode, which does not have Spell Check.

To troubleshoot the issue, you can refer the following steps to exit light version.

1. Click Options > Settings > General.
    2. On the General tab, under Accessibility, uncheck Use the blind and low vision experience.
    3. Click Save  or press CTRL+S to save your changes.
    4. Sign out and sign in again to complete the change to the light version.

If the issue persists and you didn’t use IE to sign in, you can switch to IE browser to check if you have Spelling tab again.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi Malcolm,

I would like to follow up with the question you posted previously. Does the reply above answer your question?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi Monica

I have followed these instructions. The Use the blind and low vision expereince was not checked. Howver I checked and then unchecked it -- signed out and back in and still no spell check!

I need spell check as I use my email a lot! This is very frustrating as it has happened because of a BT "upgrade" I didn't ask for in the first place. You have one more shot at helping me resolve this (without taking up much of my time) or I will switch to a better email operater with spell check as an easy and obvoius option.

Thanks

Malcolm

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Malcolm,

Based on the current situation, I’d like to confirm which Operating system and Browser are you using?

Based on my test, the Spelling checker icon appears on my side when I click New in OWA (Outlook Web App) and using Windows 7 & IE 9:

However, when I’d using Chrome/Windows 7, I can’t see the icon:

Therefore, to find the Spelling checker icon, I suggest you use IE browser.

If you are using IE browser, you can either try to start an in private browsing or try to clean your IE browser’s cache and cookies, and then try it again.
    To clean the cache and cookies in IE browser:  Open your IE browser, Click the Tools button , point to Safety, and then click Delete browsing history. Select Temporary Internet Files and Cookies, click Delete.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi Malcolm,

How are things going? Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi Monica

I have overcome the problem by switching browser for email. I generally prefer to use Mozilla Firefox as my browser so it is inconvenient to have to switch between browsers in this way. It is OK for now but I think Microsoft should consider finding a way to include spellcheck for all customers, no matter which browser thay choose to use.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Malcolm,

Thank you for providing the situation of the issue.

I understand that you are working around this issue by switching browser. Spelling check option is available for all users. Regarding the situation occurred on specific browser, it might be caused by the specific configuration. You can keep an eye in the forum for it.

If you have any other questions when using Office 365 in the future, please feel free to post it in the forum. This is so your question will be answered quickly. In addition, you may also find useful information on the websites below:

For Office 365 Enterprise: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/default.aspx
    For Office 365 Professionals and Small Businesses: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • We are still experiencing this issue in the latest version of Chrome.  Users are distressed as Chrome is listed as a supported browser.  Is MS working on a solution other than use IE?

Thank you,

Chris

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Chris,

I understand that the issue persists on your side. The causes are different from the configuration. If the issue persists, to better follow up the issue, I suggest posting a new question in the forum with the detailed problem description and error message.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
    Suggested by
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)