No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Migration included in "Exchange Online" plan?

• 1 Follower
  • 5 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I'd like to switch from Sherweb hosted exchange to Office 365 "Exchange Online" and want to migrate my previous account to Office 365.

I've read through this article http://help.outlook.com/en-US/beta/ms.exch.ecp.EmailMigrationStatusLearnMore.aspx

and am now confused about this line:

Applies to: Office 365 for professionals and small businesses, Office 365 for enterprises, Live@edu

Does this mean that the E-Mail migration service is not offered for the "Exchange Online" plan?

Is it possible to do an online only migration from Sherweb directly or do I need to use a local Outlook installation to do the migration?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

• Post Points: 50
Verified Answer
  • Hi Michael,

It’s ok to do a migration from Exchange Server to Office 365. However, they need to be migrated by administrator. To protect your data, I recommend backing up your data first. In addition, if there isn’t any much data or mailbox needs to migrate, it’s ok to save them locally via Outlook and move them to Office 365 account.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)