No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

I would like to create and add an alternate email address to my pofile.

• 3 Followers
  • 6 Replies |
  • This post has 2 verified answers |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

How does one create and assing an alternate email to my admin profile for outlook?

I have a vanity domain and would like to create an alternate email address.

Thank you

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Techanalyst,

Actually Office 365 supports multiple email addresses with one account, you can added as many SMTP addresses as you like for your account. Please see Proxy Addresses.

However, proxy addresses can only be used for receiving emails. If you would like to use the alternate email address to send emails. I suggest you create a distribution group with the vanity domain, add your user account to the group, and then grant Send As permission of the distribution group to your account. After that, you will be able to use the alternate email address to send and receive messages.

Please refer to the following links to grant the Send As permission:

Use Windows PowerShell in Exchange Online

Give Users Send As Permission

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Techanalyst,

Did the above reply answer your questions? Please let us know if you need additional help.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
  • Reken, while your suggestions and links led me to discover more outstanding options, and further inspired me, it did not directly provide a solution to my quest.  

I gather that we are not able to create and assign alternate email to an existing account.

I am not looking for SMTP configurations (I think) because I am designing and building a strictly online platform.

Question:  In order to create a distribution group, do I have to assign it a license?  It is not clear to me.  I created a distribution group but when I tried to test it, it seemed to fail or I do not know where to go to read the emails sent to the distribution group.

Best Regards,

Techanalyst

P.S. I have a suggestion:  provide a link below your answer that directly brings us back to the original response.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Techanalyst,

Distribution group doesn't need a license. Once you have added yourself as a member of the distribution group, the email sent to the distribution group will be delivered to your Inbox directly.

For more information about distribution group, please refer to Create a New Distribution Group.

Please click here to go to my previous reply.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hi Techanalyst,

Do you have any other questions?

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
  • I had the same problem every time I create a distribution group and try to send an email to this group from an external email it fails, because by default when create the group it is only allowed to receive emails from internal users!!      

- All you need to do is to go to Users & Groups and then select the group you want to enable external emails to

- scroll down t Delivery Management from there you can choose Senders inside and outside of my organization

Thanks,

Ahmed M. Alayyoubi

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)