No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Has Anyone Successfully Migrated from Intermedia to Office365?

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi All,

We are looking at the idea of migrating our company to Office365 for everything (mail, lync, office, voice, etc.).  The gorilla in the room is that we are currently a customer of Intermedia's hosted Exchange 2007.  

I have read through these forums and I still do not have a definitive path of migration from Intermedia to Office365 for email.  It is a core requirement that all of our users content (email, calendars, tasks, contacts, etc.) be migrated so an IMAP migration will not work.  We have over 100 mailboxes, resources and distribution groups so a user-level PST migration is not really appealing (I would estimate at 80% of our users keep their email on the Exchange server itself.

So, my question is, has anyone successfully migrated from Intermedia to Office365?  If so, how did you do it? 

Thank you in advance for your replies, information, experiences and thoughts.  Sincerely,

Mike 

All Replies
  • Distribution groups might be a little problematic, but otherwise what you've described should be possible, even though you don't have Administrator access to the existing mailboxes - several commercial tools are available. If you are in the UK, please message me to discuss, as I'm not sure I can promote directly in the forum. Apologies in advance if I've contravened any rules!

• Hi Mike,

Additional information,  You can take a look at the detail information about cutover Exchange migration help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.emailmigrationwizardexchangelearnmore.aspx

It can help to migrate all email enable object and contacts, calender ,email items.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Have you tried using MigrationWiz?

It's a commercial tool but it allows migration from one platform to another - including emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, etc. Also it comes with some safety, meaning you can migrate back to Intermedia.

• Hi Mike,

How are you? I'm writing in just want to ensure that all the information above is useful for you.  If you have any questions ,please feel free to post them here.

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi Mike,

We are not in the UK but I am interested in hearing what you have done or what tools you have used in the past.  Have you tried MigrationWiz mentioned from DomZ?

Thank you for the reply,

Mike

• Hi Neo,

I have read the migration link you sent but I have not had a chance to try the steps out personally.  I got concerned with that path once I started reading these forums with experiences from other Intermedia customers trying to do the same thing.

I am hoping to have some time this week to test.

Mike  

• MigrationWiz should certainly do the job, and is relatively straightforward to use. Beware of public folders (if you're using them...), as they are not available in Exchange Online / Office 365. You are "supposed" to migrate them to Sharepoint Online... MigrationWiz doesn't yet handle this migration (I beleive it's on their roadmap).

• Hello!

I work at Intermedia with support management. We’re here to help with whatever you need including migration out of our environment. You can contact support at 800-379-7729 opt 3 for assistance with this. If you have any trouble you can ask for me by name or email me at bryanl@intermedia.net and I’d be happy to help out.

Have a great day!

Bryan Leifert

• Hi Mike,

Are you still facing this issue? If so, please feel free to post them here.

Thanks, Neo Zhu