No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

I am having problems accessing other mail boxes from my main account?

• 4 Followers
  • 17 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

I have added the other email address to the connect with other mail boxes and this is showing as fine.  But when I try and open the mail box I get this error message

Your mailbox appears to be unavailable. Try to access it again in 10 seconds. If
you see this error again, contact your helpdesk.

Please can you help

Thanks

Tina

• Post Points: 110
All Replies
  • I need help but cannot find where to go for it?  I am going round in circles.  I have asked a question on here, but had no replies?  There must be some technical support isn't there?  I tried trouble shooting this does not help either!

All I need to do is access my other mail boxes from my main account.  When I go to open other mail boxes and press on the email address I want to access I get this message -

Your mailbox appears to be unavailable. Try to access it again in 10 seconds. If
    you see this error again, contact your helpdesk.

So where is the helpdesk!!!!!!!

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hello Tina,

I understand stand that you added others’ mailboxes at Outlook. After you open that mailbox, you received the error message “Your mailbox appears to be unavailable. Try to access it again in 10 seconds. If you see this error again, contact your helpdesk.” Have I got this right?

If so, the issue may be caused by the access permission of the mailbox. Please refer to the following article to troubleshoot the issue.
    1. Install and Configure Windows PowerShell.
    2. Connect Windows PowerShell to the Service.
    3. Grant FullAccess permission of the mailbox to other user in PowerShell.
    If the issue persists, please refer to the following article to test the issue at Outlook Web App (OWA).
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/bb899681.aspx

Best regards,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • Hello Tina,

How are the things going?
    In addition, do you need further assistance on the issue?

Best regards,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Yes please, I tried what you suggested with powershell, but I keep getting error messages saying something about unable to load data files?

I have also another site that hasjust  migrated and I have managed to link the email accounts for that account?  so why is this site/emails any different?

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Tina,

Thanks for your feedback. The issue may be caused by the current personal profile of the Office 365 accounts

Based on the current situation, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.
    1. Create a new e-mail profile.
    2. Connect Outlook to the Office 365 account in the new profile.
    3. In addition, please refer to the following article to test the issue at Outlook Web App (OWA).

Moreover, what version of Outlook client are you using, such as Outlook 2007 SP2? In addition, you may also provide some screen shots of the issue to help troubleshooting. For tips, please click Use rich formatting > Insert image to upload the screen shots manually.

Best regards,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi Tina, from your description it does not sound like you are trying to access another Office 365 mailbox right?

Or is the mailbox you want to open a Shared mailbox from someone in your organisation?

If so you need to first share it, if its a personal mailbox you can ask the one that owns it to share it via Outlook, but if its a shared mailbox (a free mailbox up to 5 gb with no username and password) you need to use powershell to share it and give out access permissions.

Best Regards // Tommy Clarke / UCAware - Please follow me @ Blog and Twitter
    • Top 500 Contributor
  • I have two websites with 365 , www.prettypinktoes.co.uk, I can link the email accounts from this domain together, no problem.  My other website www.Freshfoot.co.uk I cannot link the two email accounts associated with this doamin togther?

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Tots,

I understand that you have two Office 365 accounts, add two custom domains to each account and add users with suffix of these 2 custom domains, such as user1@prettypinktoes.co.uk, user2@prettypinktoes.co.uk, user1@freshfoot.co.uk and user2@freshfoot.co.uk. Moreover, you have linked user1@prettypinktoes.co.uk and user2@prettypinktoes.co.uk in Outlook.

Based on the current situation:
    1. Are you trying to link 2 accounts with the other domains, such as user1@ freshfoot.co.uk and user2@freshfoot.co.uk?
    2. What version of Outlook client are you using, such as Outlook 2007 SP2?

If you are linking two internal accounts (here is user1@freshfoot.co.uk and user2@freshfoot.co.uk), could you please refer to the following article to test the issue at Outlook Web App (OWA)?

Best regards,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hello Tina,

I'm writing to follow up my previous reply. 
    If you need further assistant on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi Claud

I still cannot access the other account, I have followed your link and instructions.  The message I get when I have clicked on other mail boxes click the email address I want to go to is

Your mailbox appears to be unavailable. Try to access it again in 10 seconds. If you see this error again, contact your helpdesk.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Tina,

I looked at the information provided and I was able to find the domain Freshfoot.co.uk in our system, I can’t seem to find the domain "prettypinktoes.co.uk" which leads me to the following questions:
    Is the domain "prettypinktoes.co.uk" associated with an Office 365 domain (domain.onmicrosoft.com).How are you trying to link these accounts together?
    Can you access portal.microsofronline.com with an e-mail address
    user@prettypinktoes.co.uk?

When you get the error message, what e-mail address are you logged in with and what’s the site you open?

I am just trying to understand exactly what we are doing and hopefully we'll get this resolved ASAP.

Regards,

Arturo Gonzalez

• Top 200 Contributor
  • Sorry you have misunderstood what I am trying to say.

I have two separate domains both associated with O365

www.prettypinktoes.co.uk and www.freshfoot.co.uk

With www.Prettypinktoes.co.uk I have managed to  link 3 email addresses associated with this domain.

tinagreenaway@prettypinktoes.co.uk, customerservice@prettypinktoes.co.uk and payments@prettypinktoes.co.uk.  They all feed into tinagreenaway@prettypinktoes.co.uk.

With Freshfoot.co.uk I have two email accounts tinagreenaway@freshfoot.co.uk and payments@freshfoot.co.uk.  I am having problems linking tinagreenaway@freshfoot.co.uk and payments@freshfoot.co.uk. together.  When I am logged into tinagreenaway@freshfoot.co.uk and then try to access payments@freshfoot.co.uk by pressing the other mail, clicking on the payments@freshfoot.co.uk button. I get taken to a screen that reads:-

Your mailbox appears to be unavailable. Try to access it again in 10 seconds. If you see this error again, contact your helpdesk.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Tina,

Thanks for clarifying this information for me, it seems like you just need to grant full access to the account tinagreenaway@freshfoot.co.uk, looking at the history of this thread I see that you were provided with the PowerShell command to give full access to a mailbox but it gave you an error message when you attempted to run it.

This error can be caused if we are not connected to the proper PowerShell Session, please follow these instructions to fix this problem and grant access to the account:

1. Ensure you are launching a PowerShell session under admin credentials (i.e. right-click on Powershell in your start menu, then select "Run as administrator");

2. Once you have that, type the following lines:

Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

$LiveCred = Get-Credential
    (You will be asked for an O365 admin user name and password here)

$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri ps.outlook.com/powershell -Credential $LiveCred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection

Import-PSSession $Session

3- Select one of these 2 commands :(depending on what works best for you)

Grant an Admin access to a single mailbox

• Add-MailboxPermission user@domain.com -User admin@domain.com -AccessRights FullAccess -InheritanceType All

Grant an Admin access to all mailboxes

• Get-Mailbox -ResultSize unlimited -Filter {(RecipientTypeDetails -eq 'UserMailbox') -and (Alias -ne 'Admin')} | Add-MailboxPermission -User admin@domain.com -AccessRights fullaccess -InheritanceType all

This should take care of the problem, if you receive any error messages in PowerShell please take a screenshot and add it into the thread and I’ll be happy to assist.

Best regards,

Arturo Gonzalez

• Top 200 Contributor
  • I have followed your instructions, but neither 2nd command works, it comes up in red as 'The term session is not recognized.........................

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1|2|