Contacting the Server for Information

• 5 Followers
  • 9 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

My Outlook is connected to an exchange server hosting my P1 plan e-mail address.

Every 5 minutes when I try and do something, it will bring up a small loading bar saying "contacting the server for information" and will not let me do anything for 10-15 seconds.

Why does this happen and what can I do to stop it?

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Try to run the desktop setup:

onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff652568.aspx

If you need further assistance, please upload a screenshot.

How-to:

1. Save your screenshot.

2. Use rich formatting

3. Click the insert image button on the right side.

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Adam,

How are things going on your side? If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks.

Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
  •  This is a screen shot of it.

• Not Ranked
  • This is still happening. Getting more and more frequent now

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Adam,

Based on my experience, the issue may be caused by connectivity problem. To narrow down the issue, please try to access your e-mail with OWA and to see if the issue happened again. Besides, you may try to access e-mail with outlook and to see if it happened again. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
  • Hi Alex,

I have tried accessing my e-mail through OWA and it works fine.

This is now happening with other users in my office who are on the same account.

Is there any other solution to this?

Whilst I can ignore on of our accounts (mine) doing this starting to get complaints from the team so need a fix!

Is it possibly a server malfunction? Are we able to swap exchange servers?

Thanks for your help,

Adam

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply.

As OWA works fine, we could know there is no problem on server side and the account settings. If we access our accounts with OWA, then OWA will help us access our e-mails and items form exchange server directly. If we access our accounts with outlook, then outlook client app will help us get our e-mail and items from exchange server and store it on our local computer. Therefore, the issue should relate to computer settings or outlook settings.

I searched the issue and found it may be caused by server factors. However, I am not familiar at Outlook due to I am an Office 365 support engineer. So, to resolve the issue in a more efficient manner, I’d like recommend you submitting the issue to outlook forum. Our outlook support engineer will help you troubleshoot and fix the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Alex Du

• Top 75 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • Hi Alex,

That's understandable. I will submit this question to the Outlook forum and hopefully we can get this sorted!

Thanks for your help,

Adam

• Not Ranked
  • Was there any resolution to this? I am having the same problem.

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)