No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Share Documents and Spreadsheets with External people

• This post has 3 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • We are a small nonprofit organization that currently uses MS Office 365. 

We have 12 users - each of who can access email through Outlook.  We have a Team Site, but it has not been developed, and permissions, set up, training, all still need to be done.

Our organization would like to share documents and spreadsheets with our volunteer Board of Directors, all of whom do NOT have a user account, but all have email addresses.  Most of these documents are confidential, such as meeting minutes, financials, etc. Currently, we email our Board with multiple attachments in advance of each Board meeting.

Is it possible for one or more of our MS Office 365 users to share these documents with our volunteer Board through our Team Site? Can we make it so that Board members have access to them, along with only some of our users? 

And if so, how do we set this up?

Thanks.

• Hi srfc1,

This is Justin with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.  Thanks for posting your question.

In order to accomplish this, you can share the site with external users.  You must however use a Windows Live ID for the users without a license.  Then you can create a group for them and only assign permissions to the items you require.  For more information, please take a look at the links below.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-online-enterprise-help/share-a-site-with-external-users-HA101850586.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=9030

Thanks and Regards,

Justin Ronan
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Thanks Justin! You have been very helpful once again. I appreciate your support.

• Justin, the links you provided are no longer active. I'm hoping someone can help me with this ...

We have 12 users - each of who can access email through Outlook.  We have a Team Site, but it has not been developed, and permissions, set up, training, all still need to be done.

Our organization would like to share documents and spreadsheets with our volunteer Board of Directors, all of whom do NOT have a user account, but all have email addresses.  Most of these documents are confidential, such as meeting minutes, financials, etc. Currently, we email our Board with multiple attachments in advance of each Board meeting.

Is it possible for one or more of our MS Office 365 users to share these documents with our volunteer Board through our Team Site? Can we make it so that Board members have access to them, along with only some of our users?

And if so, can someone WALK me through how to set up a new "sub site" for our Board?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)