No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

E-mail transfer from Windows Live to Mail.Office365.com Outlook

• 3 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

How do I transfer my Windows Live e-mails to my new Outlook Online account?

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
  • Hi Nywarren1,

I understand that you prefer to transfer your Windows Live e-mails to your Office 365 account in Outlook.

You can add your Windows Live e-mails in Outlook. Then move the emails to Office 365 account directly. Otherwise, you can also export emails from Windows Live e-mail account in Outlook first. Then import them to Office 365 account.

If you prefer the Windows Live e-mails show up in your Office 365 account, you can also use Connected Accounts via Outlook Web App. After connecting your Windows Live e-mails to Office 365, all your Windows Live e-mail will be downloaded to your Office 365 mailbox. You can view them in your Office 365 account in Outlook.  

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Dear Monica,

Thank you for your reply.  Since I merged my domain name from Windows Live to Office 365, my Windows Live account is no longer active.  I can no longer link my e-mail on Windows Live to Office 365 Outlook e-mail since it's the same e-mail address.  I need to know if I have not purchased Outlook, but use the Web version how I can export those old Windows Live e-mails to Office 365 Outlook.  I also have a Mac.

Thank you for your kind attention to this.

Best,

Warren

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Warren,
    I understand that you want to export your old Windows Live emails to Office 365 Outlook, and your Windows Live account is no longer active.
    If you have a backup of your old Windows Live emails and save it as PST file, you can import it into your desktop Outlook but not Outlook Web Application. Outlook Web Application has its own features that doesn’t include import PST file.
    If you want to Import your old Windows Live emails to desktop Outlook, you can follow these steps:
    1. Connect Outlook desktop to your Office 365 account.
    Please refer to the link below to set up your Office 365 email account in Outlook desktop:

help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.useoutlookanywhere.aspx

2. Perform the steps in the link below to Import Outlook items from an Outlook Data File (.pst) (This example is for Outlook 2010)
    Import Outlook items from an Outlook Data File (.pst)

office.microsoft.com/.../helppreview14.aspx

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• Top 150 Contributor
  • Hi Warren,

Have you checked Robert’s suggestions? Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)