Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I have an end-user who is having problems synchronizing Exchange mail on his iPhone and iPad on two occasions now. First time was on 3/26 at noon and started working again on its own the following day. It is now happening again on 4/11 at 9:30 a.m. We are on Office 365 (P1) Plan. Devices are on iOS 5.1.
I have tried various steps to no avail. Please below.
1.) Verified account credentials are correct
2.) Verified account is 'Unlock'
3.) Verified Exchange ActiveSync is Enabled
4.) On both iPhone/iPad (steps from Apple communities posted on 3/25/2012)
- Go to settings
- Reset Networking Settings
- Switch the Wi-Fi On
- Enter your Credentials (check you internet connection by accessing any webpage, i.e. google.com)
- Setup your Microsoft Exchange account
- Restart your phone
- Test sending and receiving
5.) Created "Configuration Profile" http://maketecheasier.com/connect-exchange-account-from-iphone/2011/02/14
6.) Deleted accounts from iPhone/iPad
- Logged on to Office 365, reprovisioned end-user's account
- Waited 1 hour
- Recreated Microsoft Exchange account on both devices and received 'unable to verify account information'
- Logged on to OWA as end-user
- Checked on settings and received the following error when clicked on refresh icon
Cannot open mailbox /o=ExchangeLabs/ou=Exchange Administrative Group
So just that I understand this correctly, please confirm that the accounts do work on the devices, but only work intermittently. I will check with our mobile team to see if they may have some more insight into this.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Brandon Kempma Office 365 Technical Support.
Office 365 Technical Support.