No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Hybrid Server Certificate

• 4 Followers
  • 8 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
Hello everyone, 

I have configured my hybrid server to migrating from my Exchange 2003 to O365.
I have a doubt in the certificate part.

The public name of OWA in Exchange 2003 is "correio.branch1.domain.com.br"
All the public domains of my Exchange 2010 are configured under "autodiscover.branch1.domain.com.br"

I´m thinkin in create the "service" and "ExchangeDelegation" sub domain in my root domain "service.domain.com.br" and "exchangedelegation.domain.com.br" to use this configurations in the next migration of another branch.

I´m going to issue the certificate with the CA and my doubts are:

1 - Can i create the "service" and "exchangedelegation" sub domain under the root domain(service.domain.com.br) or i need to create it under the subdomain i´m migrating (service.branch1.domain.com.br)?

2 - What name i need to use as common name of my cert? The EX2003 OWA name "correio.branch1.domain.com.br" or  EX2010 OWA name "autodiscover.branch1.domain.com.br"?

If i use my Ex2010 OWA name i need to migrate the user from Ex2003 to Ex2010 before migrating they to the cloud?

Thankyou,

Filipe
  • Post Points: 5
Verified Answer
  • Hi Filipe,

Thank you for your update.

Per the previous post, I understand you want to deploy the Hybrid Deployment with Exchange Server 2010 SP1 in on-premise domain. For this situation, please refer to detailed steps in section Configure accepted domains in following article to configure accepted domains (e.g service.yourdomain.com) for your domain.

Office 365 Hybrid Deployments with Exchange 2010 SP1
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh582245.aspx

Thank you.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hello everyone, 

I have configured my hybrid server to migrating from my Exchange 2003 to O365.
    I have a doubt in the certificate part.

The public name of OWA in Exchange 2003 is "correio.branch1.domain.com.br"
    All the public domains of my Exchange 2010 are configured under "autodiscover.branch1.domain.com.br"

I´m thinkin in create the "service" and "ExchangeDelegation" sub domain in my root domain "service.domain.com.br" and "exchangedelegation.domain.com.br" to use this configurations in the next migration of another branch.

I´m going to issue the certificate with the CA and my doubts are:

1 - Can i create the "service" and "exchangedelegation" sub domain under the root domain(service.domain.com.br) or i need to create it under the subdomain i´m migrating (service.branch1.domain.com.br)?

2 - What name i need to use as common name of my cert? The EX2003 OWA name "correio.branch1.domain.com.br" or  EX2010 OWA name "autodiscover.branch1.domain.com.br"?

If i use my Ex2010 OWA name i need to migrate the user from Ex2003 to Ex2010 before migrating they to the cloud?

Thankyou,

Filipe

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Filipe,

Thank you for your post.

As I understand, you want to deploy Hybrid Deployment for your Exchange server 2003 in your on-premise domain.

Before going further, could you let us know if you have installed SP2 on your hybrid server? If you have installed SP2 for hybrid server, you can use Hybrid Configuration wizard to configure the hybrid deployment for your organization. The New Hybrid Configuration wizard helps simplify the creation of a hybrid deployment between your on-premises and Microsoft Office 365 Exchange organizations. For more information about Hybrid Configuration wizard, please refer to article below.

Hybrid Deployments with the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh529920.aspx

Create a New Hybrid Deployment
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh529940.aspx

Meanwhile, to deploy hybrid deployment, you should install and assign Exchange services to a valid digital certificate purchased from a trusted certificate authority (CA). The EWS external URL and the Autodiscover endpoint specified in your public DNS must be listed in Subject Alternative Name (SAN) of the certificate. The Hub Transport servers used for mail transport in the hybrid deployment should all use the same certificate (have matching certificate thumbprints).

Thank you.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Jack,

I´m running EX2010 SP1 because to install SP2 i need to upgrade my schema, this need to be done in the root domain and can take a big time to be completed by root domain administration.

I understand that the public names of EWS and Autodiscover must be at the certificate, my doubt is in waht names to use as common name and where i can create the "service" and "exchangedelegation" sub domains.

• Not Ranked
  • The certificate name should be "autodiscover.domian.com"  and "email,domain,com"

You can add the domain at trust domian via EMC

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hi Filipe,

Thank you for your update.

Per the previous post, I understand you want to deploy the Hybrid Deployment with Exchange Server 2010 SP1 in on-premise domain. For this situation, please refer to detailed steps in section Configure accepted domains in following article to configure accepted domains (e.g service.yourdomain.com) for your domain.

Office 365 Hybrid Deployments with Exchange 2010 SP1
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh582245.aspx

Thank you.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hello Filipe,

Did the above replies answer your questions? If the information is helpful, please show this thread as answered so others may benefit from the information. Thank you.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hy Jack,

I issued the certificate ok.

• Not Ranked
  • Hello Filipe,

Thank you for your confirmation. I am glad things are going well now. If you have any additional questions when using Office 365 in the future, please feel free to post new question in the forum.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)