No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

questions re: GMail and dual 365 accounts

• 2 Followers
  • 3 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

My employer recently migrated to Office 365; I have no complaints. I am contemplating moving my small hosted domain email from gmail (gmail for domains) to either Exchange Online or P1 plan. I have 2 questions:

1. I presume there is some mechanism for migrating existing mail/contacts from gmail accounts into new exchange cloud accounts? There are only a few to be moved - but we have been on gmail for almost a decade, so there are a LOT of stored messages.

2. Is it possible for one installation of Outlook 2010 (or Outlook 2011 for Mac) to connect to both my employer's exchange account (hosted in 365) as well as this other hosted account (the one being migrated from gmail)? Without having to maintain separate profiles in Outlook? (I would want to see both inboxes in the navigation pane of Outlook)

Thanks!

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi KeithR,
    I understand you want to migrate your e-mails and your domain to Office 365.
    I'd like to reply you one by one.
      1. For migrate your current e-mails to Office 365, you would be able to do this by using Outlook.  You may firstly configure your current e-mail account in Outlook,  download all the e-mails from the server (automatically), then export your Outlook data to a .pst file, and then import the .pst file to Exchange Online mailbox in Outlook.
      2. It's possible to configure multiple Office 365 Exchange Online mailboxes in Outlook 2010 client or Outlook 2011 for Mac in the same profile.

For more information, please refer to the following articles:
    How to manage personal folders files in Outlook (CW) 
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195719
    Help for Microsoft Office 365 for Professional and Small Business
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/

If you have other questions, please feel free to post on the forum.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)