No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Setting up pop3 accounts in Exchange online on Office365

This question is answered This question is answered

I want to setup pop3 accounts for all user mailboxes in exchange online on O365.

with BPOS you could do so by using Powershell command enable-msonlinepopaccess.

I previously setup pop3 access for users in our domain pelsiseurope.co.uk. Do I  need to set these up again once we have moved to O365 exchange online or not?

regards

Sean

1 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • Sean,

Exchange Online supports mailbox access through the POP3 protocol. POP is enabled by default for all users, who can view their POP connection settings on the Outlook Web App Options page. Administrators can disable POP access on a per-user basis using Remote PowerShell (set-CASMailbox <Identity> -PopEnabled $false).

If you have already setup mailboxes in BPOS with pop3 access they should migrate over to O365 as pop enabled mailboxes when you migrate your account.

All Replies
  • Sean,

Exchange Online supports mailbox access through the POP3 protocol. POP is enabled by default for all users, who can view their POP connection settings on the Outlook Web App Options page. Administrators can disable POP access on a per-user basis using Remote PowerShell (set-CASMailbox <Identity> -PopEnabled $false).

If you have already setup mailboxes in BPOS with pop3 access they should migrate over to O365 as pop enabled mailboxes when you migrate your account.