No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Reading Pane Off in Outlook Web App

• This post has 2 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • Reading a message with the Reading Pane turned off currently launches a popup message Window.  Please add the option to view a message in the current Inbox web page...like how Hotmail implements it.

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• JohnCz

I think you will find a great option in OWA is the reading pane.  But if you choice to read email with it off when you open a new email  it will open a new window like you have stated now within the new window you will be able to select the next or previous email, indicated with blue arrows, you will have to disable “Conversation On” option as well to enable the arrows.   Having the extra web page open will allow you great access to new incoming email, searching of older email, calendar functionality, contacts ETC without having to lose your currently opened email.  

• This is not a big deal, I just think Office Live Small Business users moving from Hotmail to Office 365 will be thrown off by the number of popup windows...some of which I think are unnecessary.  If you want to make the transition less jarring, I think the Outlook Web App team should add one additional mode that mimics Hotmail.  Perhaps a checkbox to either display message in popup window or not.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)