No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Unable to signin (portal.microsoftonline.com not opening)

• 2 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,

I am unable to open portal.microsoftonline.com through any browser. The login page doesn't open. I have tried it through various browsers including IE8, FF4 and Chrome. The page doesn't load at all. The website goes blank w/o any error message. Please help me.

I dont think its an issue with my login as the page which asks for the login credentials doesn't appear. the login page somehow appeared once when I opened login.microsoftonline.com on FF4 and thats how I am writing this post.

Please help me as I am not able to signin to the outlook webapp. However, I am able to use the desktop outlook 2010 client and access my emails.

Thanks,

Akshay 

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hello

Sounds like your using the right software onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff652534.aspx.

login.microsoftonline.com is the login redirect from portal.microsoftonline.com. I would advise clearing cookies and cache and resetting the browser settings to defaults. Since this appears to be impacting several browsers trying to access from another PC might help isolate this.

Thanks

Steven

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi,

Thanks for replying. I had tried it already. Tried it from 3 different PCs varying between win7 sp1, winxp sp3. However the issue was weird. After mailing you, I was being able to login, but the outlook web app didn't completey load and the whole page's formatting was lost like it happens when the entire java script is not loaded. the pictures or icons were missing too with red x buttons displaying on their place. This was no internet connection problem as I am on a 4 Mbps internet line and I checked the speed on speedtest.net too. It stayed like this for nearly 3 hours and then the problem has suddenly disappeared.

Was there a server downtime at msft?

Is there a dashboard site available to customers/admins where I can check what's the status of servers hosting the outlook and office webapps. Thats a basic necessecity for us now.

Thanks,

Akshay

• Not Ranked
  • Hello

No, this wasn't otherwise reported. If you use a proxy server the symptoms you describe resemble cache problems across an array.  

The service health status can be found under the Support category in the Administration Portal - or you can go to portal.microsoftonline.com/.../ServiceStatus.aspx directly.

Glad to hear it's working for you now.

Thanks

Steven

• Top 500 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • Thanks for answering. Steven.

Its not a proxy issue though as we dont use proxy.  But maybe there were some corrupted caches down the line till your servers which led to this problem.

About the status page: this is weird. why does the status page requires me to signin to office365. if i am facing a problem with signin, and i want to look at the service status, then i am stuck as I am facing a problem with signin to begin with. this is an erroneous workflow. i this Microsoft should make the status pages public. or is there a public status page too?

Thanks,

Akshay

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)