printing emails

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I cannot print the body of my emails. Two of my coworkers are having the same problem.  My printer works because I can print everything else.  Right now I have to forward my emails to another email account and print from there.  What is causing this problem

All Replies
  • Hi Michelle,

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Currently, we have a service incident about the issue that some customers using Internet Explorer are intermittently unable to open the print dialogue window when using Outlook Web App (OWA). And we are investigating the issue. Here is the latest information:
    ====================================================
    Current Status: Engineers are analyzing error logs to further isolate the cause of the issue.

Customer Impact: Some customers using Internet Explorer are intermittently unable to open the print dialogue window when using Outlook Web App (OWA).

Workaround: As a workaround, customers can use a keyboard shortcut such as "Control + P" to initiate the print dialogue window on their browser. Alternatively, affected customers may be able to use a different web browser.
    =====================================================

If there are any updates about the issue, we will update here immediately. Thanks for your understanding.

However, if you are not in this situation, I would like to collect the following information:
    1. Which browsers you cannot print the emails.
    2. Have you tried any other browsers to check if the issue persists?
    3. Could these two users print the emails in OWA before?

Best Regards,
    Anna

• Hello,

I wanted to add that using Control+P does bring up the print dialog but nothing happens after I hit the print button. Other programs, IE, adobe, word, excel documents print fine.

• Hi All,

Same issue here. You can use the following workaround solution I came up with:

- click print as you would normally do

- when print ready window comes up, right click on it and select "Print preview"

- if you can see your email under "Print preview", you should be able to print your email now

- if you see blank page in print preview, close it and right click on print ready email and select print

- choose printer you want to print on and press print. Please note that nothing will usually print at this stage

- once you do the above, go back to "Print preview" by right clicking and selecting "Print preview". Now you should be able to see your email preview and print from there...

This works for me, but it can be frustrating. Hope it is going to be fixed soon...

Kind regards,

Tom

• Hi All,

Here is the latest update about the issue.
    ===========================
    Current Status: Engineers are continuing to perform forensics on the environment.

Customer Impact: Some customers using Internet Explorer are intermittently unable to open the print dialogue window when using Outlook Web App (OWA).

Workaround: As a workaround, customers can use a keyboard shortcut such as "Control + P" to initiate the print dialogue window on their browser. Alternatively, affected customers may be able to use a different web browser.
    =============================

Once we have updates, it will be responded to you timely. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Anna

• Hi All,

Updated.
    =============================
    Current Status: Engineers continue to investigate to determine the source of the issue. Currently, engineers are investigating a potential coding issue, which may be exposed upon increased utilization of system resources.

Workaround: As a workaround, customers are able to use a keyboard shortcut such as "Control + P" to initiate the print dialogue window on their browser. Alternatively, affected customers may be able to use a different web browser.
    ==============================

Thanks,
    Bourne Zhang

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi All,

This issue is now posted to the Service Health Dashboard(SHD).  If you are a tenant administrator, you can see the current information and updates on your SHD.  If you are experiencing an issue and do not see a current post, please let us know as this may reflect different impact.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Regards,
    Xinyu

• Office 365 needs to address this problem.  I am having the same issue.  I usually print e-mails to a pdf format and electronically file documents but all of a sudden one day I could not print to pdf.  The page is blank.  If I forward the email to my aol account then I can print it so this an Office 365 Outlook problem not Adobe Acrobat trouble.

• I am using Google Chrome.  The only thing that prints is the date and and subject of the email at the top and the webpage at the bottom.  I don't get a print option on the email.  When I right click and click print and when I use control P I get the same result.