Recover and Purge buttons don't work in OWA Recover Deleted Items

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Since late last week (around 8/7/2014 or so), the Recover and Purge buttons no longer work in the Recover Deleted Items area in OWA.

I can go in to Recover Deleted Items and right-click on a message to recover or purge it, but the Recover and Purge buttons at the bottom of the window no longer do anything. Hovering over them with the mouse cursor no longer changes them to a hand; it's as though they aren't buttons anymore.

I tried this on a Mac with Safari and a Windows 7 machine with Firefox. Same behavior.

All Replies
  • Tested and works for me.

Can you try on another PC?

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us. We have received several reports about this issue recently. Microsoft has been aware of it and the deployment is in progress now. But it needs time to apply it to every tenant. We will update the status of the issue once we have any. If the issue is very urgent, you are able to recover/ purge the items using the Outlook client temporarily or right click a deleted email and then choose restore/ purge . Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Edward Qu