Subtask CheckPrereqs execution failed: Check Tenant Prerequisites

This question is not answered This question is not answered

Session=Tenant Cmdlet=Get-OrganizationConfig FINISH Time=1390.6735ms
[07/21/2014 15:54:07] ERROR : Subtask CheckPrereqs execution failed: Check Tenant Prerequisites
Deserialization fails due to one SerializationException: Microsoft.Exchange.Compliance.Serialization.Formatters.BlockedTypeException: The type to be (de)serialized is not allowed: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.DirectoryBackendType,Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
at Microsoft.Exchange.Compliance.Serialization.Formatters.TypedSerializationFormatter.TypeBinder.BindToType(String assemblyName, String typeName)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Bind(String assemblyString, String typeString)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.GetType(BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, String name)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectMap..ctor(String objectName, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA, Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryObjectWithMapTyped record)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Compliance.Serialization.Formatters.TypedBinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, SerializationBinder binder)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.SerializationTypeConverter.DeserializeObject(Object sourceValue, Type destinationType)
The type to be (de)serialized is not allowed: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.DirectoryBackendType,Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
at Microsoft.Exchange.Compliance.Serialization.Formatters.TypedSerializationFormatter.TypeBinder.BindToType(String assemblyName, String typeName)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Bind(String assemblyString, String typeString)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.GetType(BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, String name)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectMap..ctor(String objectName, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA, Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryObjectWithMapTyped record)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Compliance.Serialization.Formatters.TypedBinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, SerializationBinder binder)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.SerializationTypeConverter.DeserializeObject(Object sourceValue, Type destinationType)
[07/21/2014 15:54:07] INFO : Task='Check Tenant Prerequisites' Step='CheckPrereqs' FINISH Result=False Time=1437.5377ms
[07/21/2014 15:54:07] INFO : --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[07/21/2014 15:54:07] INFO : Session=OnPrem Total Cmdlet Time=0s
[07/21/2014 15:54:07] INFO : Session=Tenant Total Cmdlet Time=1.3906735s

All Replies
  • Hi AdminAdmin4384,

Microsoft has received reports of an issue in which the error "ERROR : Subtask CheckPrereqs execution failed: Check Tenant Prerequisites" is received when running Hybrid Configuration Wizard. Currently, engineers are developing a fix to remediate impact. The next update will be available at Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at 5:30 PM UTC.

We are sorry for the inconvenience may have been caused by this issue. We will keep monitoring this issue and update the latest status here. Your understanding is appreciated.

Best regards,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi AdminAdmin4384,

I just received the latest updates about the issue.

Our Engineers have isolated the root cause of the issue and are currently working to develop a fix to mitigate impact.The next update will be at Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at 8:00 PM UTC

Please be patient and once there is any update, I'll post back.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Vivian Wang

• Hi AdminAdmin4384,

Engineers are continuing to develop a fix to mitigate end-user impact at this point. Next Update will be available on Friday, July 25, 2014, at 8:00 PM UTC. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    Mindy Pan

• Good day Support,

I'm sitting with the same issue. Please let me know asap when you have a fix for this?

Regards

Danie

• Hi All,

Our engineers have completed the development phase and are currently testing the fix. Once the testing is successfully validated, the fix will be available through Microsoft Office 365 support. The next update will be at Saturday, July 26, 2014, at 12:30 AM UTC.

Once there is any update, I’ll post back.

Thanks,

Vivian Wang

• Hi All,

Engineers have completed the fix and are currently in the process of validating results. Once the fix is successfully validated, it will be available through Microsoft Office 365 support.

Next Update: Monday, July 28, 2014, at 8:00 PM UTC

Thanks,
    Bourne Zhang

• Hi All,

We’ve got the latest updates about the issue:
    Engineers are now conducting final validation of the fix, which should be completed within the next 4 hours. It will then be available through Microsoft Office 365 support.

It is going to be fixed soon. Thank you for all your patience.

Best Regards,
    Allen

• Hi All,

We have got the latest updates about this issue, it has being fixed.

On Friday, July 25, 2014, at approximately 7:33 AM UTC, engineers received reports of an issue in which some customers encountered an error when using the Hybrid Configuration Wizard. Investigation determined that an update to the environment caused impact to the Hybrid Configuration Wizard. Engineers addressed the underlying cause of the issue and developed a fix available via support on Tuesday, July 28, 2014, at 4:00 AM UTC.

Thanks,
    Bourne Zhang

• I am still having this problem at  9:31am GMT on the 29th of July.

Can you advise please

• I have an open support case with this issue, how do we obtain the fix or is it automatically applied to the tenancy?

Cheers in advance

Mark

• Phew not just me who is still getting this issue!

• I'm still having the same issue...

[07/29/2014 13:31:55]   ERROR : Subtask CheckPrereqs execution failed: Check Tenant Prerequisites

Deserialization fails due to one SerializationException: Microsoft.Exchange.Compliance.Serialization.Formatters.BlockedTypeException: The type to be (de)serialized is not allowed: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.DirectoryBackendType,Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35

at Microsoft.Exchange.Compliance.Serialization.Formatters.TypedSerializationFormatter.TypeBinder.BindToType(String assem

• Still getting the same thing also, and the support engineer hasn't returned updated me since last wednesday.

• Also still having issue despite opening a case with MS earlier today.  This is pushing other projects back.  All I've been told is that the issue was supposed to be fixed, my 365 dashboard said it was fixed, but they confirmed it is not fixed and they have no ETA.

• i'm in the same boat. Any ETA?