No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

I'm unable to send emails

• 4 Followers
  • 14 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
For some reason we are unable to send emails now.  We are receiving emails ok but unable to send.  The odd thing is once we send an email it is showing up in our "Sent Items" folder but the email is not being received by those we are emailing to.  Need help asap.  thanks!
  • Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
  • Correction - they finally did post something on the Service Health page. Sounds like they're working on it.

Feb 22, 2012 7:46 PM Restoring service We are resolving the issue and will provide updated information when it becomes available.

Feb 22, 2012 4:37 PM Investigating A few users are experiencing delays in sending and receiving email. You may notice messages in your outbox that are waiting to be sent.

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Are you on a Small Business (P) or enterprise (E) plan? If you are on an E plan check FOPE and do a message trace to see where the message is getting stuck.

Also, check the service health, there is a service degradation posted for 'Timely email Delivery'. That may be your problem.

Jorge R. Diaz

Microsoft MVP | Office 365

MCITP: Office 365 Administrator

Check out my Blog

Follow Me

• Top 100 Contributor
  • I'm a Small Business (P)...  The issue is still not resolved.  I've got a ton of sync and conflict issues that I am seeing in my outlook on my desktop and I am wondering if this is where my problem may be? All of my email hit the outbox and then move to the sent mail folder, but the reciepents never receive the messages.

• Not Ranked
  • OK, so I'd recommend opening a ticket and requesting they look at message routing in FOPE for your affected user. But they may return with the service degradation issue that is affecting our area.

Jorge R. Diaz

Check out my Blog

Follow Me

• Top 100 Contributor
  • How do I open a ticket??  I need to get this corrected as soon as possible.  Also what do I need to do to obtain a customer service phone number?  When we have email issues I'd like to be able to contact a person quickly since our email  is vital to our business.  Do I need a different type of account with Office 365 to get a customer service phone number?  Thanks for your help!

• Not Ranked
  • Go to the portal and click 'Service Requests' on the bottom left to open a ticket. To get an appropriate phone number for support click 'Overview' under support on the main portal page, then click the link 'find technical support phone numbers' and select your region.

Jorge R. Diaz

Check out my Blog

Follow Me

• Top 100 Contributor
  • "find technical support phone numbers" is not an option under my "overview" tab.  Any other suggestions?  Can you just give me the number?  I'm located in Englewood, CO if location matters.  Thanks!

• Not Ranked
  • we are having the same problem. It is affecting multiple users and customers.

• Not Ranked
  • We're having the same problem. One email I sent took 2+ hours to arrive in my coworker's inbox. Another I sent to the whole office (ironically to inform them of the slow email) 4 hours ago still hasn't arrived. I created a support case, and when I just went to check on it 4 hours after creating it I saw it was left with a status of Waiting for Action - I have no idea what they want me to do, but I suspect this means it's been ignored this whole time. Can't find anything about it on the Server Health page, nor on their Twitter feed. Grrrr.

• Not Ranked
  • Correction - they finally did post something on the Service Health page. Sounds like they're working on it.

Feb 22, 2012 7:46 PM Restoring service We are resolving the issue and will provide updated information when it becomes available.

Feb 22, 2012 4:37 PM Investigating A few users are experiencing delays in sending and receiving email. You may notice messages in your outbox that are waiting to be sent.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi joeycranford,

Like JakesterPDX2 suggested, you can go to Service Health in Microsoft Online Portal to check if there is any issue related to Exchange Online mail flow.

If no issue was reported, you can search delivery report to get the detailed status about the message you have sent.

Also, please try sending email to internal users to see if this delay issue only happened to specific recipients, which can help narrow down this kind of issue.

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang

• Top 50 Contributor
  • I checked the service health in the portal and it says the issue has been resolve however it has not been resolved... Improved?  Maybe, but not resolved...  I'm still seeing delays in sending and also receiving emails.  Please advise on what I need to do to get this corrected.  This has been going on for more than 12 hrs. now and I really need to get this corrected.  Please advise!

• Not Ranked
  • Our emails seem to be working correctly now.

• Not Ranked
  • Ours is a mixed bag. New emails seem to be going through, but I know of at least one email that never made it out. It was an email (ironically) I sent to the whole company to warn them of slow email. It sent it at 4pm yesterday, and no one has received it.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi joeycranford,

Apprecicate your update and information sharing.

I am happy to know the issue has been fixed.

Hi JakesterPDX2,

Anything you can get from the delivery report about the non-delivered email?

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang

• Top 50 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)