No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

This question is answered This question is answered

Hello,

in our company some users (generally from slovakia) can't send e-mail to the partners with *****.sk and ****cz domains.

After the message was send out, the system send back an error message with this content.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

nagy.gabor.net@seznam.cz
A problem occurred and this message couldn't be delivered. Check to be sure the e-mail address is correct. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

The following organization rejected your message: Email.Seznam.cz.

For security reason I'm not copy the full message, but  If you can, I will send in private message for the MS Support employees only.

I have P1 plan, and I can't send this issue directly to the support. :(

Gabor

Verified Answer
  • Hi Gabor,

I have checked the NDR you posted in private message. I noticed that the email was rejected by the Email.Seznam.cz. The settings for Office 365 account are ok. To troubleshoot the issue, please confirm the settings or delivery principle in the Email.Seznam.cz.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

All Replies
  • Hi Gabor,

I understand that the email sent to the partners with *****.sk and ****cz domains failed to delivery with the error message “Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups”. For your reference, Non-delivery reports (NDRs) are system messages that report the delivery status of a message to the sender. The messages are a subclass of a general message information structure that is referred to as delivery status notifications. Delivery status notifications describe three different types of situations:
    •Success (2.X.X numeric codes)
    •Persistent transient failure (4.X.X numeric codes)
    •Permanent failures (5.X.X numeric codes)

NDRs are generated whenever a message cannot be delivered. If the computer can detect the reason for the failed delivery, it maps the reason onto a status code, and a corresponding error message is printed. (To see a list of these codes, see RFC 1891 and RFC 1893.) For NDRs, most numeric codes are reported in the form of 5.X.X and are described as permanent failures.

For the detailed information, you can refer the article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284204

From the error message “The following organization rejected your message: Email.Seznam.cz”. It seems that the receipt server rejected the email. The issue isn’t related to Office 365 Settings. You can confirm with the receipt to add your email address in safe sender list.

To further confirm this point, the full Non-delivery report is very necessary for the troubleshooting process.

To protect your privacy, I have sent you a private message on the NDR request. It was responded in a private message with a subject of "Information Request".

Please go to the Your details section on the right side of the community site.

Click Private messages.

Click the subject title of the response to read the message.

You can reply by using the form in that display to provide the information requested.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hi Gabor,

I have checked the NDR you posted in private message. I noticed that the email was rejected by the Email.Seznam.cz. The settings for Office 365 account are ok. To troubleshoot the issue, please confirm the settings or delivery principle in the Email.Seznam.cz.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Dear Monica,

i have the other user this same issue in my company. If you open a new ticket for this issue, I will sent do you the full NDR in PM.

NDR said:

Generating server: ctf.onmicrosoft.com

**************@gmail.com

#550 5.1.3 STOREDRV.Submit; invalid recipient address #SMTP#

etc.....

Best regards,

Gabor

• Hi Gabor,

I understand that another user in your company encountered the similar issue. The NDR is “550 5.1.3 STOREDRV.Submit; invalid recipient address”.

The reason that the emails are bouncing back with NDRs is due to an extra period at the end of the email addresses the user trying to send to that shouldn't be there.  Instead of sending to 'user@domain.com', you're actually sending email to 'user@domain.com.' which won't work.  If the user removes the extra period, the issue should be fixed.  Also, to further check if it is caused by this user’s autocomplete information, I suggest this user delete the autocomplete data for his/her copy of Outlook.

The causes are different from the configuration. If the issue persists, to better follow up the issue, I suggest posting a new question in the forum with the detailed problem description and error message.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong