person@place.co.uk

I have been asked to change the username to admin@place.co.uk

But not lose any of the emails.

How do I go about this?

Thanks Scott

• Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
  • Hi scottsanpedro,

You can change your email address without losing email by changing the user id in office 365. If you added your domain to office 365 it is possible and Administrator can so this, the steps are below:

• Login to Office 365 
    • Click on Admin >> Click Users under Management.
    • On the users list click on the email address you need to change >> once the user properties open >> Click Details >> Go to the user name box and change the name from Person.co.uk to admin.co.uk. >> Click Save. 

• Logout of the portal and login as admin.co.uk

Hope this Helps!

Thanks and regards,

Surya Begum.

http://webteksolutions.co.uk/

http://www.office365-support.com/

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi Scottsanpedro,

I would like to follow up with the question you posted previously. Have you checked Surya’s suggestions?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Please accept my apologies. I swear I responded twice to this question.

Yes it worked perfectly.

I did need to reboot the computer for Exchange (Client) to update properly.

It was slightly scary as you would assume the account would be deleted but all mail returned as stated above.

Thanks for your time on this Surya, and sorry for the delay in responding.

Scott

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply on the result of the issue.

I am very glad to hear that it worked perfectly. If you have any other questions when using Office 365 in the future, please feel free to post it in the forum. This is so your question will be answered quickly. In addition, you may also find useful information on the websites below:

For Office 365 Enterprise: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/default.aspx
    For Office 365 Professionals and Small Businesses: http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi,

what about the admin username?

I have been the one who signed up to 365 and been main admin from the start.

I try to change my username from user@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com but the option to change it is grayed out.

Any suggestions?

M.

• Not Ranked
  • Sorry my mistake.

I did already :D

• Not Ranked
  • I have a question about changing an existing accounts username.  After I make the change in the Exchange Online admin page willw anything have to be changed in Outlook on the users workstation?  Also is there a possibility of any issues if this is done during the day, or is this better if done after hours?  Just want to make sure they won't miss any emailes.

Thank you

Adam

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Adam,

After making the changes in the Exchange Online Admin page, it will reflect on user’s side.
    Changing username doesn’t influence the email delivery. If the user principle name (e.g. domain.com) is changed, the email delivery will be influenced.

The causes of an issue depend on different due to different configurations. If any issue appears after making the changes, to better follow up the issue, I suggest posting a new question in the forum with detailed problem description and error message. A new post will be generated with a complete history of dedicated troubleshooting.

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)