No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

csv file for Exchange Online migration

• 2 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

How do you create the csv file? I've been trying to create it to include EmailAddress, Password, and ForceChangePassword using csvde but it won't output the file with the right information / format...

Is this something that has to be generated manually? It would be very tedious to do almost a 1000 users...

Thanks...

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Black,

Based on your attributes listed in CSV file, you are trying to perform the Staged Exchange Migration.

To create a CSV file for Staged Exchange Migration, please refer the guide for Prepare a CSV File for a Staged Exchange Migration.

You may copy the sample from this guide, paste to text editor like Notepad or Microsoft Excel, then, paste the all the email addresses you want to migrate in one batch into this file, fill the other 2 columns with the passwords and true/false, save the file to CSV file, then it will be fine to work with Staged Exchange Migration.

I am not quite understand the "something that has to be generated manually". Could you provide more description about this question? Since the users have been syncrhonized to cloud, what the migration tool nees in Staged Exchange Migrtion is a anchor to hook on-premise users and cloud users, which is the job of the CSV file (email address part)

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Lester,

Thanks for the response.

I tried creating a cvs file out of active directory users console, and couldn't get it to display and export columns such as password and ForceChangePassword. So I figured those fields will need to be entered into the cvs file manually.

I have ADFS set up for single sign-on, and not sure what the purpose of the password field is. In the guide it said password field is optional... Is the password field needed if I' doing single sign-on.

Since i'llbe using single sign-on, according to the guide, ForceChangePassword needs to be "False", but this field is required unlikE the password field...

Could you confirm these? I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

• Not Ranked
  • Hi BlackNRed,

Yes, I agree. Since the automatic output cannot provide what we need, we need to fill it manually.

The password filed is optional. Since you have deployed SSO, even you provide the passwords, these passwords will never be used as long as the users are federation users.

The ForceChangePassword attribute is required, so in you SSO scenario, you need to provide false value in the CSV file.

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi BlackNRed,

We have not heard from you in a couple of days.

Just checking in to see whether the information was helpful.

Thanks,
    Lester Zhang

• Top 50 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)