The server responded: 421 4.3.2 Service not active

• 2 Followers
  • 1 Reply |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

We've been using Office365 email for about a year now and all of a sudden today I can't send emails.

I keep getting this error message:

Task 'pod51009.outlook.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties.  The server responded: 421 4.3.2 Service not active'

I can receive emails just fine. I logged onto OWA and sent my email from there without any issues but it won't send out of my Outlook 2003. I double checked my email address, plus I retyped my email and pw but it didn't help.

We're using the Office365 Kiosk version for POP mail, I'm on WinXPsp3 and Office 2003. I haven't had any issues until today.

I'm also using the newer Office365 server information "outlook.office365 / smtp.office365".

Short pause there...

I changed my outgoing server back to the old server (pod51009,outlook.com) and it went; are there issues with the newer servers?

Brad

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Brad,

As I understand it, the emails can be sent successfully after changing the certain server back to “pod51009.outlook.com”.

We haven’t received any reports about the new server incidents. This shouldn’t happen if the upgrade has finished. Based on the current situation, I will create a report about this and submit it to the higher level department.

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,

David Zhang

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)