Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I have O365 for small Business and have one user that was able to login to portal.microsoftonline.com but when they go to their inbox they receive "A problem occurred while you were trying to use your mailbox." All others seem to work OK. They can access the Calendar & Options for Outlook.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for the feedback.
Grace thanks for the help. The way i finally resolved this was to delete the account and then re-add the account back. Of course we lost any emails that may have been recived from the point we cut-over until we deleted it.
Before things go ahead, would you please confirm the following situations?
1. Can you log in to Outlook Web App (OWA) successfully? The issue is only encounter when accessing Inbox folder or any folders of this mailbox.
2. Is it the only one user in your origination experience this issue? Can any others log on to OWA, and access calendar successfully?
3. How things are going when using client Outlook to access your Office 365 mailbox? Can you access Inbox folder successfully?
If it is a single mailbox issue, would you remove the Exchange Online license assigned to the mailbox, and re-assign to see if the issue can be fixed?
Please wait for at least 15 minutes before re-assign an Exchange Online license to this user.
In addition, please delete browsing history, reset your Internet Explorer settings and configure your computer in a clean boot state, and then try to access your mailbox again if any improvement.
Hi Grace Shi
Thanks for your reply. I have removed all 3 license associated with this account waited about 1-hour and added the licenses back. Sorry to say this didn't fix the issue. I also have answered the 3 questions you asked below;
1. Can you log in to Outlook Web App (OWA) successfully? The issue is only encounter when accessing Inbox folder or any folders of this mailbox. (((the only time the error occurs is when we go to the inbox, the calendar & options links work OK.)))
2. Is it the only one user in your origination experience this issue? Can any others log on to OWA, and access calendar successfully? ((( Only one with this issue )))
3. How things are going when using client Outlook to access your Office 365 mailbox? Can you access Inbox folder successfully? ((( cannot access the inbox )))
thanks for your help and look forward to your reply
Thanks for the feedback.
From the description you provided, I understand that the issue is happened both on Outlook and OWA, and other folders can be accessed successfully. Based on my experience, this kind of issue may be caused by not have full access to access the mailbox.
To narrow down the issue, would you please run the command by using Windows PowerShell as an administrator and check your mailbox’s permission?
Get-MailboxPermission –Identiy <MailboxIdParameter> -user <SecurityPrincipalIdParameter>
Get-MailboxPermission -Identity <mailboxIdParameter> -owner
This example returns permissions that the user Ayla has on John's mailbox.
Get-MailboxPermission -Identity firstname.lastname@example.org -User "Ayla"
If you have not full access permission to your mailbox, please add full access permission to the mailbox, and then see if the issue can be fixed.
If the issue persists, could you please help us collect more information for troubleshooting? Is the issue happened recently? or you have never access Inbox before?
How is everything going? We appreciate an update on the status of the issue.
Thanks for your feedback and let me know the current situation about the issue.
If you have any other questions when using Office 365, please feel free to post in the forum. We will be more than happy to be of assistance.
We have the same problem. About 1/3 inbox searches and mail sends give an error. I tried to get the mailbox permission with powershell, but it really didn't make me the wiser.
Owner: NT AUTHORITY\SELF
This happens only with a single mailbox with a single user.
Sometimes some symptom issue may be caused by different root causes. Therefore, if the information above doesn’t help then the solution may not fit for your situation.
Based on current situation, would you please submit a new thread of the issue? Our SE will follow up and help you fix the issue in the new post. Thanks for your understanding.
I haven't had the time unfortunately to get into this lately. My boss decided that he'd had enough and we'll be switching service providers.