No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Mail server name

This question is answered This question is answered
Hello,

Do you kindly know what the mail server name for my sharepoint account is? I am trying to work on SharePoint designer to link a button on my site to send an email to me when it's clicked on. So with that, I need to know what my mail server name is? Hope to hear from you soon.
Verified Answer
  • I would recommend configuring notifications in SharePoint and pull the information from that.  I don't believe that the mail server is exposed for SharePoint Online.

• Hi minx,
    This is Bob Kasper from Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support. As INSecurity Inc. mentioned I have never heard of the mail servers being exposed for SPO. 
    Depending on what you are trying to do either you can create Notifications or Alerts so that you get an email when a document has been opened or changed. 
    Thank you,
All Replies
  • I would recommend configuring notifications in SharePoint and pull the information from that.  I don't believe that the mail server is exposed for SharePoint Online.

• Hi minx,
    This is Bob Kasper from Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support. As INSecurity Inc. mentioned I have never heard of the mail servers being exposed for SPO. 
    Depending on what you are trying to do either you can create Notifications or Alerts so that you get an email when a document has been opened or changed. 
    Thank you,
  • Hi minx,
    I’m just checking to see if there was anything else I can help you with.
    Regards,
  • Hi Bob,

Thank you for getting back at me. I was able to resolve this. Can you also please let me know if infoPath form services are available on sharepoint online?

• Forms service is available at least with Enterprise versions E3 and E4 but not in E1/E2.  They ARE available in Kiosk version 1/2 as well and SharePoint Online Plan 2.

This information is in the service description for SharePoint Online for O365: www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

Have a great day,