Import .ics Calendar into OWA

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I am moving our organization's calendaring. We have a shared calendar that I have exported to a .ics file which I need to import into a shared organizational calendar in OWA. How do I do this?

All Replies
  • OWA does not support importing ics file.

why not try this through Outlook client?

• Hi balc,

At present, we cannot import the .ICS file in OWA.

Besides, you said “I need to import into a shared organizational calendar in OWA”. Is this shared organizational calendar a calendar of a shared mailbox or a user mailbox? If it is a calendar of a normal user mailbox, we can try this workaround: import the .ICS file in Outlook client. For steps, please see:

1. Automatically set up this Office 365 account in Outlook client via Autodiscover process, and here is an article for your reference: office.microsoft.com/.../set-up-email-in-outlook-2010-or-outlook-2013-HA102823161.aspx

2. Import the .ICS calendar: please click File -> Open -> Import, choose Import an iCalendar, click Next.

3. Choose the prepared .ICS file.

3. Click Import to import the .ICS calendar.

After that, the imported calendar will also be synced to OWA.

Thanks,

Young Yang

• I have the same problem.  I am trying to import an ics file into the calendar of a shared mailbox.  Importing via Outlook will just import into the user's mailbox.  There doesn't seem to be a way to select the shared mailbox for destination.  Is there a way around this?

• Hi Philip,

Sorry for the inconvenience, if you're importing a multi-item .ics file, the items will goes into your default Calendar folder only. You'll have to move them to the other mailbox. Unfortunately, there is no way to import an .ics file into the calendar of a shared mailbox directly.

Moreover, if you need further assistance on this particular issue. I would like to suggest you post a new thread with detailed information on the forum. Our engineers will focus on your issue so that it can be resolved more efficiently.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Shyamal

2 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

• i hv an idea

1- Export your calendar -> backup.ics

2- Config account Office365 on Outlook 2013 and open share mailbox

3- Import backup.ics to ypur account , copy to share mailbox

4- Done

If you cant do it, contact me at skype quocta@outlook.com - My solution is really success because i just applied to my company