No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

creating a email address only account

• 2 Followers
  • 4 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I have a email address on my website called info@mydomain.com

For now I created a user that takes up a license called info with an email address of info@mydomain.com and I set up forwarding to my user account (the way it was when I was using POP and a third party web hosting provider)

Is there a way to create a mailbox like this that really its only purpose is to catch questions on my site but do it in a way that it does not take up a seat license, seems a bit of a waste to have to pay each month for a seat license for this purpose

thanks

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • From the Portal go to Exchange Administration and select your account.  You will have the option to add an additional email address or alias to your account.  Add the info@domain.com.  

You must first remove the email address from the other account.  An email alias or address can only be applied to one account at a time.

Sean McNeill

Blog: http://office365evangelist.com/

Microsoft MVP - Office 365

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)