No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

What is the best way to filter emails sent to <undisclosed recipients>? (filtering with either MS Exchange or FOPE)

• 2 Followers
  • 8 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Not Answered This question is not answered

Hello, what is the best way to filter emails sent to <undisclosed recipients> ?

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Angeles,

Here your question will be reworded and if you find there is misunderstanding please let me know.

So far, accounts within your organization will receive some mails which To field shows like “Undisclosed Recipients”, and on your side you don’t want users within your organization receive such mails. So you want at exchange online administrator side or at FOPE to filter/reject those such kind of mails.

If above description is correct, you can go to FOPE and create a new Policy Rule to reject/delete these mails when your organization got such kind of mails.

Simple steps are:

1. Open FOPE from Exchange online admin page
    2. Click “Administration” > “Policy Rules” > “New Policy Rule”    

3. At setting page you can set “Rule Setting” at left panel, such as setting action to “Reject/Delete”    

4. In the middle section, i.e. “Match - New Policy Rule”, you can set Field name match “To”, Field value match “undisclosed recipients”.    

5. Save this rule.

Best Regards

Martin Xu

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Angeles,

Does my reply answer your question?

Do you need further assistance?

Best Regards

Martin Xu

• Top 150 Contributor
  • How can I filter 'undisclosed recipient' messages through Outlook (webmail)? We are using MS Exchange Online.

Is it also possible?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Angeles,

You added an account of Exchange online in your Outlook. And in outlook you want to filter some undisclosed recipient mails.

If I got misunderstanding, let me know.

Outlook is a client application, so it cannot reject some mails directly. But you can move/delete some unwanted messages. Here is an useful link that you can refer to how it works: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195398

Best Regards

Martin Xu

• Top 150 Contributor
  • Sorry but there appears to be no information on filtering undisclosed recipient emails on this page:

support.microsoft.com/.../195398

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Angeles,
    Assuming you are using Outlook 2010, here give you the detail steps how to filter/move unwanted mails:
          Move Mails from one place to another place, like undisclosed recipients.
          1. Click File > Manage Rules & Alerts in Outlook 2010
          2. Click "New Rule"
          3. Step 1. select "Move message from someone to a folder"
          4. step 2. in the from filed give the sender field value is "undisclosed recipients" and give the folder you want to move.
          5. click finish to save it or you can set more conditions.

Best Regards
    Martin Xu

• Top 150 Contributor
  • Hi Angeles,

Did the solution answer your question?

Best Regards

Martin Xu

• Top 150 Contributor
  • I recall trying the same Outlook filter option but without success. I will try it again.

You may mark this closed.

Thank you.

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)