Microsoft account contacts export to Office 365 account

• 2 Followers
  • 1 Reply |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi

I have 2 parts to this question

Part 1:

I have an office 365 account, recently I bought a WP8 phone and used my office 365 email address as my microsoft account address.

I can view Skydrive, people and calender when logged onto my microsoft account, however it will not let me access emails this way (outlook.com). I get an error message saying:

This account can't be used to access Outlook.com

You're currently signed in with an
Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click
here
to sign out of your Office 365 account, then use another Microsoft account to
sign in to Outlook.com (for example, your Hotmail.com, live.com, or msn.com
account).

Even after signing out of my office 365 account I cannot view the outlook.com tab.

Is there a solution for this?

Part 2:

I want to export my microsoft account contacts to a cvs file, I do this by logging into my microsoft account, clicking people, checking the names of the people I want to export, click manage, then click export. I get the same error message:

This account can't be used to access Outlook.com

You're currently signed in with an
Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click here
to sign out of your Office 365 account, then use another Microsoft account to
sign in to Outlook.com (for example, your Hotmail.com, live.com, or msn.com
account).

Is there a way I can export my contacts?

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or this is a glitch.

Please help!

Russ

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi Russ,

Office 365 account and Microsoft account are two different service and currently they don't create the federation trust. So, using an existing Office 365 account as the Microsoft account to access Outlook.com may cause conflicts. For example, we just can access mail.office365.com rather than Outlook.com. It is not recommended you do that. As for this issue, I suggest you use another account which is not registered with Office 365 to associate with Microsoft account. Moreover, You may submit the comments as feedback via the following link. With all your efforts, the service may be improved better to suit the situation in the future.
    http://g.microsoftonline.com/0BX11EN/135

Thanks,
    Johnny Zhang

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
    Suggested by
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)