No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Export .pst from Outlook 365

• 5 Followers
  • 10 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

I am looking for a way to export  a pst file FROM Outlook 365.

I would like to know if it is possible to save my emails/data into a .pst file which I can store on my computer locally.

Most of the things that I have found thru Google search and in this forum pertains to importing pst files INTO Outlook 365/Exchange Online but none that describes the opposite process. If anyone can shed some light on this, that would be great. Thank you.

• Post Points: 50
All Replies
  • Hello JTiew,

What Mail Client are you using? If you are using Outlook 2007 or 2010 From File, click Open > Import > and from there you can choose whether or not to "Export to a File" or Import from Another Program or File". From there you can follow the actions accordingly.

Thanks,

David

David Rummelhart MSFT Moderator
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
  • I am using Microsoft Online Portal/Office 365 to access Outlook. There is no mail client, hence no File > Open > etc.

• Not Ranked
  • If you are using the Outlook Web App, which is the Web Portal version, like OWA, you will not be able to export/import pst files. What version of Office 365 are you running on?

David Rummelhart MSFT Moderator
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Male
  • Does this help?

Mailbox owner: Justin Tiew ‎[justin.tiew@simedarby.onmicrosoft.com]‎

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 ‎(Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.16)‎ Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16

The required version of Silverlight is installed: Yes

Required version of Silverlight: 2.0.31005.0

Outlook Web App experience: Premium

User language: English ‎(United States)‎

User time zone: ‎(UTC+08:00)‎ Kuala Lumpur, Singapore

Exchange mailbox address: /o=ExchangeLabs/ou=Exchange Administrative Group ‎(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)‎/cn=Recipients/cn=simedarby.onmicrosoft.com-54448-just705e4f40

Host address: https://outlook.com/owa

Version: 14.1.225.42

Host name: outlook.com

Exchange Client Access server name: SINPRD0102CA014.apcprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com

Exchange Client Access server .NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.4952

Client Access server operating system version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0

Client Access server operating system language: en-US

Client Access server version: 14.1.225.0

Client Access server language: en-US

Client Access server time zone: ‎(UTC)‎ Monrovia, Reykjavik

Client Access server platform: 64bit

Mailbox server name: SINPRD0102MB119.apcprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com

Mailbox server Microsoft Exchange version: 14.1.225.0

Other Microsoft Exchange server roles currently installed on the Client Access server:

Authentication type associated with this Outlook web application session:

Public logon: No

External POP setting:

Server name: pod51003.outlook.com

Port: 995

Encryption method: SSL

External IMAP setting:

Port: 993

Encryption method: SSL

External SMTP setting:

Port: 587

Encryption method: TLS

Segmentation settings: fffffffeebc3f7bf

Restricted functionality settings: 3ffffffff

-------------------------------------------

So there is no way to backup my emails to my computer locally?

• Not Ranked
  • To access a PST file you would anyways need Outlook so I suggest that you open your mailbox in Office365 with Outlook and do the export to a pst file. Unfortunately is the information a bit hidden that Office 365 is a beta for testing purposes until release date(not yet published), so the use of Office 365 is not for live business use during the test period,

NetIntegrate Sweden +46 8 50003170
    • Not Ranked
  • How do I open my mailbox in Office365 with Outlook? Is there any configuration settings or such?

• Not Ranked
  • jtiew,

If you browse to the following URL within the Portal it will allow you to download and configure Outlook 2010 to run with Office 365.

portal.microsoftonline.com/.../default.aspx

1  Install Microsoft Office Professional Plus  

2  Install Microsoft Lync 2010

3  Set up and configure your Office desktop apps

Once Outlook is configured, you will be able to export mail via the .PST method described above.  If you are using Outlook 2007 or 2010 From File, click Open > Import > and from there you can choose whether or not to "Export to a File" or Import from Another Program or File". From there you can follow the actions accordingly.

• Not Ranked
    Suggested by
  • As an administrator, we need to backup the resigned staff's email when they resigned. Is there any way that we can export from Web Access directly?

• Not Ranked
  • Hi there,

I was wondering where you plan to import the PST file to after you export it from Outlook 365. If you are planning to import it to another mailbox (inside or outside Outlook/Office 365), MigrationWiz can do that seamlessly directly from server to server. The process is automated. All you have to do is plug in your login credenials. More info here www.migrationwiz.com/.../SupportedSystems.aspx

• Not Ranked
  • We've just released a new tool which allows you to export Office 365 mailboxes to PST files.  It's currently a free download on our site:

www.messageops.com/messageops-office-365-exchange-migrator-beta

It's currently in Beta, but in our testing the PST export functionality seems pretty reliable.

Chad Mosman, MessageOps | www.messageops.com

• Not Ranked
    • Male
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)