No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Out of Office - Your out of office settings cannot be displayed because the server is not available.

• 2 Followers
  • 1 Reply |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

We have just completed a company migration to Office 365 online (Plan E1) and everything seems to work perfectly except for the Out Of Office tool in Outllok 2007. We get a message saying the server is unavailable, yet send/receive works.

If I try the Test Email configuration option for the user in question I the test fails.

I connected the outlook clients using automatic discovery.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hello,

Which migration did you use?  Cutover Exchange Migration, Staged Exchange Migration or IMAP migration? Does this issue happen to all Office 365 users or just part of them? Also, could you confirm if this issue happens in Outlook Web App?

Outlook set the OOF information by contacting EWS endpoint which pulled by autodisocver. So the autodiscover record needs to be set properly. If the Cutover Exchange Migration or IMAP migration has been finished, you should set CNAME record (autodisocver.domain.com) to point autodiscover.outlook.com; if you are in the middle of Staged Exchange Migration, you need a CNAME record (autodiscover.domain.onmicrosoft.com) to point to autodiscover.outlook.com. Please note you may need to set previous DNS records in both external DNS provider and internal DNS server/zone.

If you could provide the log information about the failure Test Email Autoconfigruaiton, we can help to check. Please choose Use Autodiscover only and provide the Office 365 user credential, then paste the information in the log tab.

Thanks,
    Lester Zhanga

• Top 75 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)