add domain to safe list for every user

• 6 Followers
  • 7 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
is it possible to add a domain to the safe list for every user without having to login to each account?
  • Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi cinek,

I would like to confirm if you are trying to add a domain to the Safe Sender list, so that every user can receive the emails from this domain safely.

When you configure safe senders and blocked senders for mailboxes in Microsoft Exchange Online in Microsoft Office 365, mailboxes store the safe senders and blocked senders for each user independently. Office 365 administrators must use Exchange Online PowerShell to configure these settings for user mailboxes. Please refer to the following steps.

How to configure safe senders and blocked senders in bulk
    ================================================
    1.  Connect to Exchange Online PowerShell as an Exchange Online administrator.
    2.  At the PowerShell prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter:

Get-Mailbox | Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration -BlockedSendersAndDomains "domainA.com","user@domainB.com","..." -TrustedSendersAndDomains "domainC.com","user@domainD.com","..."

Note: The placeholder user@contoso.com represents the user whose settings are being configured, and the placeholder "domainC.com","user@domainD.com","..." represents a list of domains or individual email addresses that must be added to the list. For example, the following command will block all email messages from "spamA.com" and accept all email messages from "john@spamB.com" for all the users in Contoso:

Get-Mailbox | Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration -BlockedSendersAndDomains "spamA.com" -TrustedSendersAndDomains "john@spamB.com"

How to verify safe senders and blocked senders
    =======================================
    To verify that the safe senders and blocked senders settings were applied successfully, use the Get-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration cmdlet to confirm the status of the list for any user. To do this, type the following command at an Exchange Online PowerShell prompt, and then press Enter:

Get-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration -Identity User@contoso.com

Note: The placeholder user@contoso.com represents any user in the organization.

Thanks,
    Josephine Meng

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • thanks. if I run this command - can I do something like:

Get-Mailbox | Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration -TrustedSendersAndDomains "*@spamB.com"

?

I'm trying to allow all emails from a specific domain

• Not Ranked
  • Hi cinek,

To allow all emails from a specific domain, you can try the command:

Get-Mailbox | Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration -TrustedSendersAndDomains "spamB.com"

Thanks,
    Josephine Meng

• Top 100 Contributor
  • Hi cinek,

How are the things going? Do you have any updates about the status of the issue?

Thanks,
    Josephine Meng

• Top 100 Contributor
  • Hello,

Am getting the following errors :

The Junk E-Mail configuration couldn't be set. The user needs to sign in to Outlook Web App before they can modify their Safe Senders and Recepients or Blocked Senders Lists.

+ CategoryInfo : Not Specified: (69:Int32) [Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration], DataSourceOperationException

+FullyQualifiedErrorId : 47182804,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.StoreTasks.SetMailboxJunkEmailConfiguration

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Josephine!

I want to append to peoples list. The method you show here erases there original list and applies the entry you specify. I used the following article, which allows me to append to an individual user but does not instruct on how append to users in bulk using the += operators. Is there a way this can be done?

support.microsoft.com/.../2545137

• Not Ranked
  • I have the same issue as Garvie.

Is there a way to do this? I've yet to see a solution so far.

A 'company wide safe list' should simply be included in the Admin UI. It was included with our old exchange provider.

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)