Emails not being pushed to Outlook 2010

• 31 Followers
  • 87 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

For some reasons, my Office 365 Exchange emails are not being pushed out to my laptop which has Outlook 2010.  I used to receive emails instantaneously without having to Send and Receive.  Now, my Outlook just sits there and says "Connected to Microsoft Exchange", but I won't receive any new emails until I shut Outlook down and restart it.  A manual Send & Receive does not help.  I tried creating a new Mail Profile (which is a major PiTA with the number of accounts I have), but I'm seeing the same behavior.  What could be wrong?

• Post Points: 170
All Replies
  • Hi Hodge,

Are you meaning you can receive emails only after restarting your Outlook? Please make sure you are not using the beta version of Outlook 2010. Besides, I suggest you run the desktop setup from the download page of MOP to try to fix the issue.

If the issue persists, please let me know if you can send email out via Outlook, and provide a screenshot of your clicking the Send & Receive button.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi Reken, yes, when I restart Outlook, all new emails are downloaded from Exchange.  Any subsequent emails will not be downloaded until the next time I start Outlook.  I am using Outlook 2010 that was downloaded from my Microsoft Action Pack, so it should be the full release build.  Here's my full version number: 14.0.6106.5005.  Yes, I can send emails just fine.

• Not Ranked
  • I am having the EXACT same issue on multiple machines with both Outlook 2007 and 2010.  

• Not Ranked
  • Just started about a week ago

• Not Ranked
  • I am having the exact same issue as well.  If I go into the advanced settings in Outlook 2010, I can make it manually send/receive at time intervals of my choosing, but the email will NOT push into Outlook.  This started about a week ago for me as well.  The OWA works perfect, as well as my iPhone.  The server pushes to them, but not to Outlook 2010 on ANY of my PCs.  I too deleted and recreated my profile, AND ran the O365 desktop set up again...same issue.  Absolutely NO changes were made before this issue started.  Please HELP us!
    • Not Ranked
  • I am having the exact same issue as well. Outlook 2010 32 Bit on 64 Bit Windows 7.

• Not Ranked
  • I have the same exact issue on the following:

Win 2008 - 64Bit with Outlook 2010 32-Bit

Win 7 32-Bit with Outlook 2010 32-Bit

this started happening a couple of days ago? Not sure but I remember Windows update installed a whole bunch of updates just a few days ago.

• Not Ranked
  • One of my colleagues has the same problem as well. He can receive emails well from his iPhone but the desktop Outlook 2010 does not show the same emails even press "send/receive" button. The new emails show afer restart Outlook. We tested it on Gmail which delivered new emails to iPhone and Outlook without any delay and problems. What shall we do?

Simon from Hong Kong

• Not Ranked
  • Hi All,

Thanks for all the feedbacks. Based on the situation, I would suggest you first check the Connection Status by pressing the Ctrl key, and right clicking the Outlook Icon to choose the "Connection Status". This will help us check if there is any connectivity errors or confirm which Exchange Server you are connecting to.

Additionally, in order to help us narrow down the issue, if there is any error messages when you click Send & Receive in your Outlook, please post screenshots about the errors here.

==========================================

There are some other related resources may be helpful for you:

Turn on or off Cached Exchange Mode

E-mail messages are not automatically sent or received at startup in Outlook

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,
    Reken Liu

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Male
  • There is absolutely no error. The connection status is ALWAYS connected and there are no connectivity issues. When I restart Outlook OR set the connection to Offline and then Online again (basically reset the connection) - Outlook client downloads the new emails but then goes dormant again (until the connection is reset again)

• Not Ranked
  • I got exactly the same issue and exactly the same timeframes.

We don't have WSUS or Microsoft Updates here.

• Not Ranked
  • Problem is gone. Seems to work again.

• Not Ranked
  • It is still there. Not fixed yet.

• Not Ranked
  • I noticed this today and it is still happening right now. I noticed that I had emails on my iPhone that were not in Outlook. I clicked on update folder and then they came in. I don't usually get much email on the weekend so didn't notice until this morning. I checked the connection status and I have no failed requests at all. I have a second Exchange account which is getting emails so it doesn't seem to be an Outlook problem itself. From what I can tell, it looks like this started around the 29th or 30th of October - at least in my case.

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 6 (88 items) 1|2|3|4|5||»