No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Office 365 Professional Plus vs Office 2013

This question is not answered This question is not answered

Hi

I'm thinking of buying office 2013 rather than using offics 365 professional plus and have a few questions.

1) Does anyone know if there are any major differences in using this?

2) Is it a simple proceedure to transfer i.e. do I just cancel professional plus and install office 2013?

3) If it says for 1 user does that mean i can use it for my desktop as well as my laptop?

4) Is there anyway I can have a reduction in the Office 2013 price as I have been paying monthly for the Office 365 Professional Plus?

Thanks

Silv

All Replies
  • Hi Silv,

Since some questions are related to Office 2013 and our forum doesn't focus on this product, we can only provide limited assistance with it.
    However, you can post this question in our Office 2013 forum and get more assistance with it.
    Microsoft Office 2013 forum:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release?tm=1362745956839

For the questions about billing and license, you can contact our billing team with following link:
    http://virtualchat.support.microsoft.com/client/default.aspx?siteid=32ECF580-B446-44E5-8B4D-25F0AFE07779&uiscope=en_US&scope=billing&query=Billing

In addition, you can also keep monitoring this thread. Sometimes, it is possible that some other community members come up with suggestions.

Thanks,
    Wilfred Ying

• Hi Silv,

1) Does anyone know if there are any major differences in using this?

Since you don't say what version of Office 2013 you want to buy, I can't say what the difference is.

2) Is it a simple proceedure to transfer i.e. do I just cancel professional plus and install office 2013?

If you cancel Proplus, you can remove the files then install Office 2013.

3) If it says for 1 user does that mean i can use it for my desktop as well as my laptop?

If you look at the Office suite list, it does not say 1 user, it says 1 PC, so would need to purchase 2 copies.

office.microsoft.com/.../compare-microsoft-office-products-subscription-plans-FX102898564.aspx

4) Is there anyway I can have a reduction in the Office 2013 price as I have been paying monthly for the Office 365 Professional Plus?

No, they do not even have upgrade discounts for people who owned Office 2010.

So all in all, if I were you I would stay with the subscription, it keeps you current, and in the end is not that expensive.

• Hi Robert

Thanks for your answers.

The version I would be using would be office 2013 home & business.

Also regarding the 1 user i mentioned apparently it was an error on the currys website and yes it is actually for 1 pc only which I find a total rip off. If its for home and business it should be 2 pcs at least one for a desktop/laptop at work and one at home.

I think office 365 is a rip off too. i need it for only two pcs and even if i buy 2 copies of office2013 home and business that would be £440 which would be cheaper than say 3 years worth of office 365 which will be £540 roughly. I will also have the copy of office 2013 foerever so when you think about it the next version of office is averagely renewed every 3 years and will last longer than that just like office 2007 did. So office 365 over say 6 years for etc will cost £1080 which is a whopping difference compared to two copies of office 365.

It just doesn't make any sense and i feel that I am being forced to pay more for a product in a sneaky way.

Another thing I think that microsoft didn't think about while drawing up this money making scheme is that if their office 2013 product is only for one pc people will probably opt for one pc for everythin ie work and home rather than buying two pc's. In other words microsoft will probably miss out on their extra pc sales for a single person. I know I'm contemplating having just one pc now because of this and I was just in the progress of buying another brand new desktop to replace my xp machine! I do realise there will be different scenarios for different people but me me its the way it is and i think that Microsoft has definately missed a trick here.

Again it doesn't make financial sense to me to run two machines so cheaper for me in the long run with one laptop and one office 2013.......simples!!!

Hope I explained that right....its first thing on Sunday morning here.

Regards

Silv

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Silv,

I am glad the issue has been solved. I think others who have the same issue will benefit from the information.

Best Regards,

Bruce Zhou