unable to open pst file in outlook 2013

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I have a user that likes to hold on to email in folders stored in outlook. When we migrated to office 365 online exchange I did a backup of his .pst file.  Once the account was setup on Exchange I did a restore and it appeared to complete. In reality all the folders restored but many are empty. I opened the pst on my outlook 2010 client , it opens and I can see the data in the folders. The user has outlook 2013 and it wont let me open the pst file on his system. The PST file is over 7G but mailbox sizes are supposedly 25GB.

All Replies
  • Hi nativepdx123,

In Office 365 Exchange Online, messages have some limitations. Please refer to the following article and make sure the messages in the .pst file do not exceed the limitations.

http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd630704.aspx

Thanks,
    Kevin Cui

• This did not appear to me to be a Office 365 issue. I am able to open the .pst file on my system using outlook 2010/win7.

user has outlook 2013 running on win8.

• Hi nativepdx123,

As you can open the file without issues, the issue may be caused by the Outlook 2013 client. I suggest you post the issue at Microsoft Outlook forum. After that, we will have community members or engineers focusing on the issue about Outlook client. This is so the question can be answered quickly and efficiently. The forum address is provided as below.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/outlook

Thanks,
    Kevin Cui

• Open outlook pst file without presence of outlook in you computer. Also PST Viewer can reads .pst files created by any version of Microsoft Outlook, including newer Unicode and older ANSI .pst files. It also works with the latest Outlook 2013 .pst files. Go to www.encryptomatic.com/pstviewer  for details.

• If file corruption is the main issue, then SCANPST.EXE can be helpful here. SCANPST.EXE is very useful Inbox Repair tool for MS Outlook users that scans a corrupt .pst file and determine its condition, i.e. either severely corrupted or normally corrupted. One must try SCANPST.EXE to fix corruption from .pst files. If it fails to fix corruption, then one can go for some advanced PST recovery software. SysInfoTools PST File Repair software is the best option for Outlook users.  It fixes severe corruption from Outlook .pst files and restores all the emails and other mailbox items form them. One must try its free demo version to check its performance and functionalities.

Download demo from here: http:/recovery/pst-recovery.html

Hope this information will be helpful for MS Outlook users. 

Regards.

• hi
  • unable to open pst file in outlook 2013?

Try SysTools ADD PST software and find the solution of Unable to open PST File in outlook 2013 quarry.   This tool can Import non configured files in outlook and also give you the reports of damaged files. The movable data can be open in READ and Write mode instantly.

for more info click on below link and download freeware program efficiently.  

http://www.addpst.msoutlooktools.com/

I am sure it will  sort out your problem quickly.

• Perfectly Download Outlook PST recovery program that helps you to repair encrypted Outlook PST database without losing any internal stored database. This software is also provide a demo tool that is available at free of cost before purchasing it you can easily evaluate its functionality and restore PST emails into PST, MSG, EML and HTML formats.

Download it from here-

www.pstemailrecovery.org

• Recover deleted data in Outlook PST file by using advance Outlook 2013 PST recovery software. This tool works over all versions of MS Outlook PST file and perfectly repair Outlook 2013 PST file. Advance Outlook PST repair 2013 software smartly works to fix PST corruption errors and save data as new accessible PST, EML, MSG and HTML formats. Outlook 2013 PST repair program efficiently recover corrupt Outlook 2013 PST file with each existing Outlook data.

www.pstrecoverytools.org

• If yours is ANSI PST file, then you can go for "pst9upg.exe", "scanpst.exe", however with UNICODE PST files, the tools mentioned above probably don't work. You can either use Outlook PST Password Recovery Tool or follow the link - www.officepasswordrecovery.info/howtoopenpassword-protectedoutlookpstfile.php.

Thanks,

Willson

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.