No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Public Folders in 2013

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi All

I cannot find any information on Office 365 2013 Public Folders in the service descriptions.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj819284.aspx

Exchange Onprem has these Quotas I would they are the same but need to be sure.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj552408(v=exchg.150).aspx

My questions are

1. Are the quotas the same in 365?
  2. If not what are they?
  3. Is there a cost with Public Folder in 365?

Thanks

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Spudda,

You can refer to the following article about public folders in Office 365:

blogs.technet.com/.../public-folders-in-office-365-preview.aspx

Thanks,

Nancy Xie

• Hi Nancy

So public folders are more along the lines of mailbox now?

technet.microsoft.com/.../jj150538(v=exchg.150).aspx

Is this the case?

Are these quotas below the same for 365 public folders?  Its not clear.

Issue warning quota: 1.9 GB

Prohibit send quota: 2 GB

Prohibit receive quota: 2.3 GB

• Hi Spudda,

The quota of public folder in Office 365 is 25 GB per mailbox. You can also check the following link for more information:

blogs.technet.com/.../public-folders-in-the-new-office.aspx

Thanks,

Nancy Xie

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Thanks Nancy.

It would be great if Microsoft could add this into the service descriptions.  Do you think this might happen?

• Hi Spudda,

I recommend you submit Feedback to us for your suggestions and concerns via the following link. We’ll appreciate your efforts to help improve our services.

Submit Feedback: g.microsoftonline.com/.../135

Thanks,

Nancy Xie

• Will do thanks.

• Now do Public Folders count again a license or are they like a shared mailbox?

• Chris,

In the new version of Office 365 (available 28 Feb 2013), public folders are here!  They do not require a license.  And as I understand, you cannot assign one either.

The migration process is not pretty like it could be with an O365 shared mailbox or on-premise.  PST export from on-premise...PST import via Outlook client to O365 public folders.

Also, I have not found a way to access public folders from OWA even though this link says you can.  However, pay close attention to the "Considerations" section stating that public folders in Exchange Online are accessible from Outlook 2007 or later--don't assume OWA.

Sorry, I am sure this is more than you wanted but thought it important to share.

Todd