No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Re: syncing blackberry email, calender, contacts and tasks with office 365 exchange

• 4 Followers
  • 9 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered
Is it possible to sync outlook email, calender, contacts and tasks with my blackberry. If so, what is the best way of doing this, I have researched this a lot and found multiple solutions but none seem to encompass all of the issues into one solution. Could someone please point me in the right direction. Active sync seems to be a good solution but I am not quite sure how it operates. Any help would be appreciated. Also, just as a side note, it seems as though it is not possible to sync all of these aspects of a my outlook client with office 365, one would think that there would be a one click sync with office 365 button. End.of.story.
  • Post Points: 35
Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hello,

I don't see any comments since my prior post. Did the above reply answer your questions? If the information is helpful, please show this thread as answered so others may benefit from the information. Thank you.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
  • Hi, I have set up my email just like it says in the wizard and I get a server setup email message, but still no emails get pushed to my phone. Is there anything else I can try?

• Not Ranked
  • Hello,

Do you have any errors when send/receive emails from POP/IMAP account (o365) you added in your blackberry? Can you receive email with other POP/IMAP accounts (for example, gmail) from your blackberry? If you cannot receive emails from any accounts, I suggest you consult your carrier on how to connect to internet mail service.

Sky

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hello Maverick,

I don't see any update since the prior post. Are things going well now? If the problem persists, please post the detailed error message when you try to send email with the POP account added in your blackberry. So, we can understand the problem in more details. Thank you.

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Maverick4,

ActiveSync works fantastic for iPhones, Droids, windows mobile,and Windows Phone. Basically, EVERYTHING BUT the Blackberry. Microsoft is coming out with an Office365 Blackberry Enterprise Service that will give a similar "activeSync-Like" experience for Blackberries. That said, in the meantime, you can connect your Blackberry via BIS through your cell provider and that will give you email (no contacts/calendar). Then, have the user tether to their machine to sync contacts/calendar.

Or, you can license NotifySync for that user. It's a third party product that will do what you need...but costs $$.

Or, get rid of the Blackberries and go get other devices. For IT management, activesync is WAY easier to manage than Blackberry.

Ron Braatz

President LiftOffOnline.com

• Not Ranked
    Suggested by
  • Hi everyone, thank you for all the answers, unfortunately, I still have no email to my blackberry. I can send email from my bb no problems, but I still cannot receive email.  I have contacted my carrier (rogers) and they could not help me restore my email function. Any thoughts?

• Not Ranked
  • Hello,

Do you mean that you cannot receive any emails from your blackberry with POP settings or IMAP settings? Have you encountered any error when tried to receive emails on the blackberry?

I found an article about receiving email issues on the BlackBerry. Hope this article to be useful to you.

Unable to receive email messages on the BlackBerry smartphone from a POP3 email account
    http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02857

Sky

• Top 500 Contributor
  • Hello Maverick,

Any update of this problem? Do you have any errors when receiving emails on your blackberry?

Jack Sun

• Top 50 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)